Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30" barrels or 32"??

Options
  • 13-01-2008 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi everybody, Im planning on upgrading my Medallist 28" O/U and Iv kind of settled on what I want... the problem being what barrel length would be best and what advantage do they give? I hunt alot but the clays are defo the primary gun work and what Iv read of late is the longer the better!! I know of one guy who has 34" barrels with extended chokes and swears by them, but I want a gun not a canon! Any advice or experience would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Had a fabarm sporter with 30" barrels that I seldom used for hunting as I found the overall gun length too long. I t was excellent on long range shots though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I shoot with a 30" sporter, I settled on that length after playing around with 32" aswell. I would say 30" out of personal preference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 T-Spark

hmmm, so keep it compact for the rough shooting?? Issue arises beacause the clay shooting is gonna get increased attention come the summer time, got really hooked on the sport of late! Bunny did you just have the fabarm for clays then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I used the fabarm solely for clays. I had a side by side for game.

However, recently I surrendered 1 of my shotgun licences to get another rifle licence, a story documented elsewhere on Boards, Now I have bought a second hand beretta ulrika semi-auto sporter that is light enough that is should be ok for game use also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 T-Spark

Cheers Bunny! yeh im starting to reconsider trading in my current gun at all in the light of that information! might be the clever thing to do...... (apart from the extra cash prob now needed!) :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement