Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know how to get Youtube working on WM5/6?

• 13-01-2008 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I've tried the TCPMP movie player and the Youtube flv plugin on the Youtube site for mobiles but I still can't get it to work.

Followed all the instructions about buffering settings as well but no luck..

Anyone got this working on WM5/6?

Do I need to also have MMS set up on my phone for it to work (because "MMS protocol" is one of the options you need to tick in file associations in the TCPMP player).

Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

Hi Have a read of post 26
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1812750&highlight=youtube#post1812750
    worked for me on HTC TYTN V1605 WM6. This is with wifi and switching youtube to classic view. I will try it when I transfer to o2 10gig tomorrow.
    regards
    Karl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Flankerb wrote: »
    Hi Have a read of post 26
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1812750&highlight=youtube#post1812750
    worked for me on HTC TYTN V1605 WM6. This is with wifi and switching youtube to classic view. I will try it when I transfer to o2 10gig tomorrow.
    regards
    Karl

Thanks. :)
    That kinda works for me.
    I'm able to download the Youtube file alright but how do you actually stream the video?.
    Or do you have to wait for it to be completely downloaded before viewing it?

When i open the file from within TCPMP as it's downloading it shows it as an incompletely downloaded file (because it's still in the process of being downloaded obviously).
    But can TCPMP still automatically stream it while it's being downloaded (as long as your internet connection is good enough).
    You might let me know how you get on.

It'd be handy to be able to both download (keep) and stream the file.

I really need to get a proper data plan if i can get this working :)

When I click on a youtube video core opens up and starts streaming automatically. Will try it when I port over to 02 tomorrow.

When I click on a youtube video core opens up and starts streaming automatically. Will try it when I port over to 02 tomorrow.

Yeah this doesn't happen for me.
    My set up is:
    WM5
    TCPMP v0.72
    TCPMP flvplugin 0.4.2
    That Youtube download exe is in My documents.
    I then go into Youtube Classic on Pocket Internet Explorer and copy the video's URL into the Youtube download app and tap start.

Is this your setup?
    Do you not use the Youtube download app at all?

mkennedy wrote: »
    Yeah this doesn't happen for me.
    My set up is:
    WM5 WM6 schapps 4.22
    TCPMP v0.72 same
    TCPMP flvplugin 0.4.2 same
    That Youtube download exe is in My documents. No
    I then go into Youtube Classic on Pocket Internet Explorer and copy the video's URL into the Youtube download app and tap start.
    No I just click on the video and TCPMP opens it up.
    Is this your setup?
    Do you not use the Youtube download app at all?
    No.
    regards
    Karl

• Advertisement

No.
    regards
    Karl

Right cheers.
    Pity mine doesn't stream in TCPMP by just tapping on the video. :mad: :mad: :(:(

So only difference is the OS it seems.

Have you set any special buffer settings in TCPMP or done anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Plasmoid

Not quite the same thing, but i found a program called vTap. Havent used it much, buts its basically a browser for just video sites. And somehow it automagically plays back flv videos from sites including Youtube. But... you have to use it's built in search engine. Better then nothing methinks.

Working for me WM5 www.vtap.com

Plasmoid wrote: »
    Not quite the same thing, but i found a program called vTap. Havent used it much, buts its basically a browser for just video sites. And somehow it automagically plays back flv videos from sites including Youtube. But... you have to use it's built in search engine. Better then nothing methinks.

Working for me WM5 www.vtap.com

Nice one, thanks.
    Works well- pretty cool app.
    An OK solution for the time being atleast.

Only thing is you can't bring up the actual site it seems- it just gives you individual video results and you have to wade through myriad others to get what you want- ah well..
    Cheers.

Edit: Very cool little Wikipedia tab in it as well- where did you find this program, it's a little gem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Im on the wap site and trying to watch a streaming video, but no joy.
    Dont think the streaming part will work on O2, I asked them about streaming before and they said that they had no plans to support it.

But I was able to download a video file no probs on my SE K850i.

That VTap programme is excellent.
    Billbond I am on o2 and am streaming without any issues. I am using the internet apn. I have the 10gig data add on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

I still cant get it to work, what settings are you using?

These are the ones I use on the SE K850i
    Im using open.internet as the APN
    DNS Server: 62.40.32.33
    Proxy Settings: On, Multiple

Advertisement