Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonton in the hole... tralalalaa...

Options
  • 13-01-2008 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just thought I'd start a thread for people like me who've been playing for a while and remember those players that were completely unknown but BRILLIANT.
    My all-time personal favourite was Ton-ton Zola Moukoko of Derby County in 01/02. Saved my Derby County from relegation with 22 goals from ''the tonton hole'' just behind the front 2. I always bought him for every club I was with. He once scored the winner for my VfB Stuttgart in the Champions League Final!
    In real life, he was a wasted talent. Was touted by pele as the player who would put African football on the map. After Derby he went to Scotland somewhere, then I lost track...
    So any other Old Unknown Legends????
    Nil Lamptey anyone???? Motlhajwa?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i've only played CM4 before fm08. Matteo Brighi used always be the best midfielder in the game after a few seasons, was quite hard to get. won me a few leagues and champions league's he did. he's now with Roma but never fulfilled his poential fully tbh.

another legend of CM4 was Tijani Babingida, signed for a free at the start of the game he probably had the worst statistics of any player in the game yet never failed to get the crosses in. Paired with a good headerer for the striker, he'd nearly single handedly win every game in the lower leagues and continue to do so as you progress. no idea what the story with him was in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Tijani Babangida! Had him from 01/02 up till CM4! Legend! Always on the cheap or free too.
    Think I bought Brighi too for Cagliari, a good solid player.
    My favourite CM4 buy was an Australian called Kasey Wehrman, he was in the Roy Keane mould, bought him for spurs from Lillestrom and he ended up being my captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Kennedy Bakicioglu from Hammarby anyone?

Had him in CM4 as well I think for my Spurs.... and I bought him in FM06 but he was sh**e then. Eldar Hadzimehdomovic.... only I could spell that name... Played with Bacirkoglu at Hammarby AND in my Spurs team. I remember buying Morten Gamst-Pedersen from Tromso before he went to Blackburn for around 50k too...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bigeasy

cm 99/00 Andri Sigborsson legend

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Andri Sigporsson
    Maxim Tsigalko
    Kennedy Bakirciouglu(now playing for Ajax)
    To Madeira(simply the best CM Legend)
    Peter Prospar
    Simon Davies, Matthew Etherington, Gareth Jellyman(all in CM 3 i think and all at Peterborough)
    Mads Jorgensen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Kiegan Parker in 01/02.

Always turns out brilliant in two years.
    Chips in during the seasons with important goals all the time:D

Mark Kerr from Falkirk was unbelievable as well.

Paul Di Giacomo from Kilmarnock in 01/02...
    Alex Aguinaga... LEGEND

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cerno Samba back in 2001 ish was an absolute legend for my Newcastle team. Him and Raul up front scored 60 odd goals between them in one magical season.

Bought him for my 2009 Barnet team a few weeks back but sadly the magic has gone at this stage.

Cherno Samba of Millwall! Thems were the days!
    In real life he once trialled for Liverpool but turned it down because he thought Chelsea would come a-knocking
    ... they didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Milan Osterc and Igor Pamic back in CM2. Get the two of them up front and you have 60 gaols a season between the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LouthMouth

To Madeira and Jaoa Paiva on CM 01/02. Best strikeforce ever. Paiva would even sign for Dundalk at the start, the clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

CM 99/00 Simon Davies and Mathew Etherington could be signed for a few grand and become worldclass

Jeez I could easily make a team out of this... Now THERE'S an idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

I remember Madds timm of Man United. Excellent youngster, scores a blast of goals after maturing a bit. Oh how i miss him now.
    Fabian Brandy was excellent in previous years of FM but hes pretty poor now.
    Moukoko was a legend, cherno too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Anatolli Todorov from Litex. His bro plays in the PL but you could get him from Bulgaria in the 05/06 (?) season...amazing striker and was only about 20 / 21 at the start and as far as i remember you could get him for around 1m. Not in the game anymore though!

Shamrogue wrote: »
    I remember Madds timm of Man United. Excellent youngster, scores a blast of goals after maturing a bit. Oh how i miss him now. quote]
    There were a good few Man United youngsters from 01/02 that were brilliant. Mads Timm, Kalam Mooniaruck, Daniel Nardiello...
    I bought Mads Timm recently in FM06 and he is still good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Luke Chadwick was also excellent in CM 01/02

Yeah after the first season I always sold Beckham for at least 30 million and Chadwick was always beter than him after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I remember castille (castillo??) in CM 04/05, young striker from man u, rake load of goals & argetinian striker called dominguez who was always a freebie at start of game

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I remember John O'Shea being incredible in CM3, i used to buy him all the time.

Melion wrote: »
    I remember John O'Shea being incredible in CM3, i used to buy him all the time.

Pity he ain't now:D.

Willo Flood? Anyone? To this day an ok signing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Dale Watkins, he was a player at some conferene club but no matter who I bought him with he would score countless amount of goals. Loved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Nikiforenko AMC/F, play him behind the front 2.
    Saviola and Martin Palermo up front, best pair of strikers ever.

I'm back on FM06, just found Danny Graham. Bought him in January for 210k from Hearts (think he was Boro originally) and he scored 15 goals in 13 starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Tijani Babangida! Had him from 01/02 up till CM4! Legend! Always on the cheap or free too.
    Think I bought Brighi too for Cagliari, a good solid player.
    My favourite CM4 buy was an Australian called Kasey Wehrman, he was in the Roy Keane mould, bought him for spurs from Lillestrom and he ended up being my captain!

Unbelievably I can remember signing this guy for Drogheda! I think it was in CM4.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Unbelievably I can remember signing this guy for Drogheda! I think it was in CM4.
    I signed him for Bohs on a free in CM4 too... actually had a good little side there, made it to the Champions League group stages, but alas, no further.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

both Litex forwards Todorov and Kakalov... cost about 4m combined yet good enough for any team in the game, goal machines.

and my original super-signing Martin Knutsen from Viking no idea which game but CM years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

lafortezza wrote: »
    Nikiforenko AMC/F, play him behind the front 2.

The greatest evah. Good old Sergui Nikiforenko, score bagfuls of goals from the hole. With the spine of Assana N'Diaye and Issac Okoronokwo behind him you'd be unbeatable. The question is, who was the better keeper, Dionosis Chiostis or Hugo Pinheiro?

Butra was always an old favourite when managing in the LOI, goal scoring sensation for my Bray team.

Advertisement