Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonton in the hole... tralalalaa...

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Anyone remember Chris Smith or (Dean?) Richards in CM2 95/96? They were both about 19/20, both strikers and both basically had 18-20 in every single stat except a technique of 1. Richards played for Torquay and I think Smith played for Wrexham or someone similar.

They were the absolute bomb in the lower divisions, and could be gotten for virtually nothing. One time I signed Smith for Man United, he struggled for goals a bit and then retired from football at the age of 21, despite me paying him about 5 grand a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Anyone remember Chris Smith or (Dean?) Richards in CM2 95/96? They were both about 19/20, both strikers and both basically had 18-20 in every single stat except a technique of 1. Richards played for Torquay and I think Smith played for Wrexham or someone similar.

They were the absolute bomb in the lower divisions, and could be gotten for virtually nothing. One time I signed Smith for Man United, he struggled for goals a bit and then retired from football at the age of 21, despite me paying him about 5 grand a week!
    I remember richards... signed him in CM3 from Bradford I think... Did a great job in Division 3 and 2 but above that... not so good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    The greatest evah. Good old Sergui Nikiforenko, score bagfuls of goals from the hole. With the spine of Assana N'Diaye and Issac Okoronokwo behind him you'd be unbeatable. The question is, who was the better keeper, Dionosis Chiostis or Hugo Pinheiro?

Butra was always an old favourite when managing in the LOI, goal scoring sensation for my Bray team.
    Chiotis by a mile.
    Anyone remember that Skalidis guy? SC from Greece, goal machine but a bit injury prone.

lafortezza wrote: »
    Chiotis by a mile.
    Anyone remember that Skalidis guy? SC from Greece, goal machine but a bit injury prone.
    There was a group of Greeks in 01/02 that were INSANELY good. Michalis Kapsis was my favourite, a DRC, my captain at Ipswich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The ones that I remember are

Selakovic
    Kennedy Bakircoglu
    Sharbel Touma
    Lionel Morgan
    Dionisis Chiotis

Loved those guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Lionel Morgan was another legend. He was available for 500k or something at the start of the game iirc from Wimbledon I think. Quality left winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Can't believe i've read through this thread and havent seen one name in particular mentioned.

Ibrahima Bakayoko!! (i think the 98/99/00 champ or thereabouts).
    Could get him for pennies from some french side and the treble was guaranteed! LOL

Been years since i've played this and im struggling to think of many names. Shame because i spent 80-90% of my life on this between the ages of 14-19!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,967 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Giampaolo Pazzini. 2001/2002 i think.

Somewho got him to sign for 3rd Division Sheffield United. (decided to take the challenge a good few seasons into the game)

Scored something like 650 goals in 5 seasons. Bringing me the Division 3,2,1 titles, 2 Premier League Titles, 3 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 2 Uefa Cups and 2 Champions League titles. Pretty much by himself.

Fizman wrote: »
    Can't believe i've read through this thread and havent seen one name in particular mentioned.

Could get him for pennies from some french side and the treble was guaranteed! LOL

Been years since i've played this and im struggling to think of many names. Shame because i spent 80-90% of my life on this between the ages of 14-19!! :rolleyes:
    Ha you're not the only one! My Leaving Cert is BUGGERED because of FM.
    Was that the Bagayoko that played for Everton?
    With the chant ''Oooooooh Bagayoko, He comes from the Ivory Coast coast coast!''
    ... why do I remember these things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Samba
    Selakovic
    Djordic
    Chadwick
    Hurtado
    Miguel Cobas
    Ivo
    Kim Kallstrom
    Toledo (Legend!! bought him off some lower division italian team- he ended winning most of the individual awards and helped win the CL for my Sporting Gijon team. Couldn't find him anywhere in my later FM games)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ahhh, Selakovic!

Just remembered, my mate always used to buy Dejan Petkovic in 95/96 and 96/97.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejan_Petkovic

He's had a colourful career!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

One of mates who was on trial at Milwall a few years back actually met Cherno Samba and told him he was class in Championship Manager. He laughed and said 'I know mate, everyone says that'.

What went wrong. He's a free agent now after being released by Plymouth. Wasnt too long ago that Milwall rejected a bid by Liverpool, and United were sniffing around also.

Antoine Sibierski was class in 00/01. Going back even further, Georgie Kinkladze in 95/96. Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I also remember a game I had with Celtic in CM 00/01. I was into the year 2015/2016 and it was mostly regens. Simon Stevens and Matt Hilton were the Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole mark 2. Phenomenal pairing. With a midfield of Nuno Vieira and Nuno Silva aswell. There was a defender from Ajax too, called Djirk Jan in den Eng (what a name!). During my time there I had brought the likes of Raul, Figo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko etc. to Scotland. It improved the reputation of the SPL so much that Kilmarnock were regulars in the Champions League semi finals and Zinedine Zidane ended up as a scout at Hamilton!

Ah those were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

besty wrote: »
    Kennedy Bakicioglu from Hammarby anyone?
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Kiegan Parker in 01/02.

Always turns out brilliant in two years.
    Chips in during the seasons with important goals all the time:D

Mark Kerr from Falkirk was unbelievable as well.
    Pighead wrote: »
    Cerno Samba back in 2001 ish
    Shamrogue wrote: »
    I remember Madds timm of Man United. Excellent youngster, scores a blast of goals after maturing a bit. Oh how i miss him now.
    Fabian Brandy was excellent in previous years of FM but hes pretty poor now.
    I'm back on FM06, just found Danny Graham. Bought him in January for 210k from Hearts (think he was Boro originally) and he scored 15 goals in 13 starts!
    Fizman wrote: »

Samba
    Selakovic
    Kim Kallstrom

Some cracking memories. Had every one of these players at some point or another. Couple more -

Victor Leonenko - Ukrainian striker from CM 97/98
    Ole Tobiasen - Danish full back from Ajax
    Mbulelo Mabizela - South African from Spurs. Play him DMC and you were sorted
    Frddy Adu - sign him on a free when he was 12 and watch him develop into the best player in the game
    Julius Aghahowa - legend when he was at Shaktar
    Sebastien Frey - Unbelievable when he was 19/20
    Vincent Kompany - Solid as a teenage defender
    Anthony Van Den Borre - See above
    Fernando Cavenaghi - Argentine striker who was available on a free in one of the CM's
    Supat Rungratsamee - Young striker from somewhere like Singapore. Played for Pompey and was an unreal finisher at 16/17

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

And to add to the list:

Taribo West - a definite 01/02 legend and for Free :D

Chiotis - Greek GK

Ze Elias - Hard as nails Brazilian DM playing in Greece (another 01/02 gem)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I cant believe no one has mentioned the hadjuk split duo of Ivica Mornar and Alisha Asonovic (of derby county fame)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Javier Saviola in 99/00 and also Christian Gimenez from Boca Juniors in the same year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

SofaKing wrote: »

Taribo West - a definite 01/02 legend and for Free :D

It doesn't get much better than getting West and Josep Guardiola at the start of every game for free.

It doesn't get much better than getting West and Josep Guardiola at the start of every game for free.
    AND Tijani Babangida

Advertisement