Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia Ebay - buy now 1.5 sterling - reserve is lower

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

153500 miles! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

That's nothing for a diesel Octavia - there are some still running with 350k on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

If they are an honest 150K that would be ok.

Its seems to be in good keep:
    "marks our of 10 for the interior are 10, marks out of 10 for bodywork is 9.5, cant get much better than that, its a fantastic car and not to be missed......"

Note pic 2 - Its kept in a garrage.

I just dont have the time/nerve to import a car. I was tempted by this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

seems cheap but as you say the time and expense of going to collect it and then the vrt and nct when you get it here means you wont save that much on it .
    importing from uk makes more sense on more expensive cars

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

green123 wrote: »
    importing from uk makes more sense on more expensive cars

I am considering importing a car soon but not sure if it would be worth my time or not?
    I will be looking at getting a 06/07 Vectra or Mondeo.
    What you reckon of the savings?
    also
    I assume warranty is non existent on an import? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Your warranty is still valid using the chassis number instead of registration number. I bought an Audi which had been imported from UK. There were one or two issues at 2.5 years old. I took it up to Isaac Agnew in Belfast. They did all the work, some work I didn't realise needed done and lent me a brand new A4 while it was being done.

If the car had been bought new in Ireland the warranty would only have been two years.

Rip off Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Your warranty is still valid using the chassis number instead of registration number. I bought an Audi which had been imported from UK. There were one or two issues at 2.5 years old. I took it up to Isaac Agnew in Belfast. They did all the work, some work I didn't realise needed done and lent me a brand new A4 while it was being done.

If the car had been bought new in Ireland the warranty would only have been two years.

Rip off Ireland!

Yep. I have an ex-uk mondeo, which gets a 3 yr warranty as standard in the uk - as opposed to a 2 yr warranty here.
    Due to EU legislation, irish dealers are obliged to meet the terms of the original warranty (not that its been needed so far, thankfully).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

gyppo wrote: »
    Yep. I have an ex-uk mondeo, which gets a 3 yr warranty as standard in the uk - as opposed to a 2 yr warranty here.
    Due to EU legislation, irish dealers are obliged to meet the terms of the original warranty (not that its been needed so far, thankfully).

Sound like a plan. :cool:
    But
    is there much initial outlay to be saved in the process?

Advertisement