Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i change date and time on HKC alarm control panel

Options
  • 13-01-2008 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,
    The ate and time on the alarm in my house has been wrong since I moved in. Can anyone tell me how to change these. I can't see any option to do this on the panel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

You'll need an engineers code. Alternatively, you could try using the up and down arrows after you put in the normal code.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

KAGY wrote: »
    You'll need an engineers code. Alternatively, you could try using the up and down arrows after you put in the normal code.

I don't see any up or down arrows on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

You do need the engineer code cant be do with out it.

04567 default eng code if you want to try it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

If the system arms straight away when you enter your user code then your code does not have the required permissions to do anything else.
    These permissions can only be changed using the engineer code.
    The factory default engineer code for a HKC alarm system is 01234 AFAIK. But most installers change this. there should be other keys besides the usual 1-0 and#*.
    However i'm not familiar with that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

Thanks for the info guys.
    I'll leave it alone then. It's not worth messing about with it just to change the date and time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

KAGY wrote: »
    The factory default engineer code for a HKC alarm system is 01234 AFAIK.

Im 100% sure the default engineer code is 04567 and the default user code is 01111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Cadzer wrote: »
    Im 100% sure the default engineer code is 04567 and the default user code is 01111

Correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Go down to the 'Timers Menu' > Go into the 'Set time and date' . Enter the correct date and time.

Hope this helped!

Have a look at the hkc menu at their website for more help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Rochie IRL , what happens when you enter your code?
    Like has been said if it arms straight away your code does not have permissions set to change time & date.
    Who installed the system? I may have codes for you
    There are no arrow keys on HKC you use * & # to navigate trough the menus.

Advertisement