Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to fly in Dublin.

Options
  • 13-01-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

I just recently moved to Ireland, and into Dublin.
    But i had to bring my RC stuff with me! :)

I've been wondering where it might be possible to fly, some nice places.
    Has it wasn't possible to bring the all fleet i only got my motor powered wing, a EPP Swift II. So i can go for slopes or just normal parklfyer zones.
    normal_IMG_0005.JPG

Also, i don't know if it's allowed to fly shockflyers in the parks, i have some. If it was i would bring them here too! :)

Cheers,

Nando

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Hi, welcome to Ireland and in particular the models board.

The best known place in Dublin is probably Phoenix Park, but I'm sure there are a host of others in the area as well.

When it comes to flying, a bloke here by the name of "Coolwings" is your man...:D

Browse around here, there are a few "Sticky's" that might be of help also.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Hi Icewind,
    Welcome in Ireland ! :)

Well, if you want to fly in slopes, you can join us at the Island Slope Rebels :
    http://www.islandsloperebels.com We fly 100% gliders and electrics.
    See my website and the forum as well in my signature.

By the Way, I'm French, where do you come from ?

Fred

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Hello icewind.

Welcome to Ireland and the models forum. :D

There is a guide to the "free" places to fly in Ireland here:
    List of Upland and Slope Soaring Flying Sites

There is a list of clubs at www.maci.ie

I would not recommend flying in parks and public areas. You will have no insurance cover, and people in Ireland go to court quickly if damage is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IceWind

T-Maxx, thanks. I'll look around for more info.

loopingfred i'm from Portugal.
    Back there from time to time i used to fly on a slope, not that i'm an expert on that! :) And i left there a new plane just for that, a T1000. A epp plane from a german site. I might post some photos later. I was already registered there but under another name

coolwings, thanks. I'm registered in a club and insured in Portugal but i don't think it extends to foreign countries. So i might join a club around here.
    I'll look over at those links to find some spots.

Advertisement