Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

size of tube does it really matter???

Options
  • 13-01-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

Folks I have a scope with 30mm tube before that one it was a 1 " tube. Question I have does it really matter is there that much of an advantage, you see I have been looking at a new scope but not all are available in 30 mm. By the way main shooting is foxes and other vermin targets on accassion

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The size of the tube will dictate how much light gets through from the objective lens to the eyepiece. The diameter of the objective lens is also a major factor here; the larger the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Many thanks, now can you get bigger than 30mm and is it practical second name of a good website for buying scopes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I think there is more adjustment range on a 30mm body as opposed to a 25mm body also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I think there's a limitation imposed by the type and sizes of scope mounts available as well as the extra weight incurred by increasing tube sizes too much. Best to go with the 30mm and try and get as big an objective lens as will fit.

Advertisement