Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom 2 meg

Options
  • 13-01-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭

i'm with eircom on a 2 meg connection and my download is between 1700-1800 kbs and upload is about 125 kbs, is there any other provider that i would get much better tham this i use it mostly online on the ps3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

guil07 wrote: »
    i'm with eircom on a 2 meg connection and my download is between 1700-1800 kbs and upload is about 125 kbs, is there any other provider that i would get much better tham this i use it mostly online on the ps3

There's no real need to get anything better, a 2mbit/256k connection should be good enough for online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i dont have any real problem with it i just always want something better lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

i dont have any real problem with it i just always want something better lol

BT offer 10meg connections in certain areas - do a search. There's plenty of other providers who can offer faster speeds, perhaps branch into eircom "business" lines

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ping matters in games not download speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

It depends on where you are in the country, BT are offering up to 8meg service, i called there Sales department, not available where i am at the moment. I'm not to sure on what the upload would be, but pretty sure better then what you have at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah i rang bt a few weeks ago about that bet not available at the mo

Advertisement