Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Bill Pay Deposit???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

at least where mr lad is involved :)

not just networks. He also made a scene in heatons because he was asked for his name and address on the refund receipt, just like hundreds of shops do. I can only assume that what he did would be classed as making a scene because security was called over. He started a thread about it in consumer issues called "heatons denied refund!" even though they didn't actually deny him a refund

read that thread! i was denied a refund on the grounds i wouldn't sign for it but customers are not obliged to sign for a refund! this is just crap from poor SHOPKEEPERS to deny customers their legal rights and dont mind saying phone stores are amongst the worst offenders in my humble opinion

are meteor protected here?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I also had to pay a deposit when i got my meteor mobile, didn't really see a problem with it.

on my 6th month at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

foggy_lad wrote: »

Why would they need to be protected? They're not obliged to give you a service.

There could be 100 reasons for this. Not saying that he has, but how do we know that the OP doesn't have financial problems? Either way, it's not a store issue as they have no control over the matter and would rather see no deposits, and they get no pay for putting it through the system, only when the customer signs up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

read that thread! i was denied a refund on the grounds i wouldn't sign for it but customers are not obliged to sign for a refund! this is just crap from poor SHOPKEEPERS to deny customers their legal rights and dont mind saying phone stores are amongst the worst offenders in my humble opinion

i did read that thread. In fact I posted in it. I was one of the many people saying you kicked up a fuss over nothing.

and now you think boards are in bed with meteor. You're quite paranoid aren't you? The people who are trying to tell you that nothing underhanded is going on are the people with experience of the situation. I know you like to think that all these evil companies are trying to screw you at every turn but in this case they're not and they weren't in heatons either. They were doing something that pretty much every company in the country does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

i did read that thread. In fact I posted in it. I was one of the many people saying you kicked up a fuss over nothing.

and now you think boards are in bed with meteor. You're quite paranoid aren't you? The people who are trying to tell you that nothing underhanded is going on are the people with experience of the situation. I know you like to think that all these evil companies are trying to screw you at every turn but in this case they're not and they weren't in heatons either. They were doing something that pretty much every company in the country does

Couldn't agree more Vimes. If meteor are placing a deposit on the account then they are entitled to do so, they are there to make money and protect themselves.
    Foggy NO ONE IS OUT TO GET YOU:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I would like to point out that the only network provider I have ever had a connection to is O2: I am disagreeing with you merely because you would be getting the OP in alot of trouble if he followed your advice!

I signed up 1000's of people and have dealt with the issue the OP mentions alot of times...

Walkman wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more Vimes. If meteor are placing a deposit on the account then they are entitled to do so, they are there to make money and protect themselves.
    Foggy NO ONE IS OUT TO GET YOU:D

i think he lives in a foggy area so no one can look at him through a telescope :D

All mobile operators have their individual way's of doing things, the fact that we do not agree with them is neither here nor there
    I agree that meteor's policy is not great but it's their policy all the same
    All store staff do in enforce the policies of their employers (which is their job)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

If you don't like the way Meteor do things, why don't you go to another operator?

• Advertisement

Sorry if it seems like we are having a go at you FOGGY we are not, you just seem to have an unbalanced view of every network
    You should not be posting about being barred from Carphone (in my opinion) as you must have done something in the store to warrent the barring and remember they are people working in the stores (I do not work in a mobile store BTW) just trying to earn a wage
    Surley to God one network can offer you what you are looking for, leave the other networks and just stick with that one whomever they may be: RANT OVER!!!:)

Bluefoam wrote: »
    If you don't like the way Meteor do things, why don't you go to another operator?

Who you asking that to Bluefoam??

Who you asking that to Bluefoam??

The OP

He can't. Locked into a 12 month contract.

Is there not a grace period in which he can return the phone?

If you don't like the way Meteor do things, why don't you go to another operatoru?

he did. when he joined boards, he spammed dozens of threads giving out about how meteor had treated him and saying how great 3 are. i warned him that 3 are far worse than meteor and he insisted they were great.

about two months later he got temp banned from this forum. he had started so many threads about 3's customer care (he even had a link in his sig to an anti-3 site) that the mods started to enforce the rule that such threads should go in consumer issues. he ignored the rule and got banned. then started a thread in feedback about how unfair it was :D

re: that ban from carphone warehouse, i used to work there and we had some god awful people and no one ever got banned from the store. you must be a real delight to deal with in person. dare i ask what happened?

OP, why did you sign up for a 12 month contract if you did not agree with the terms and conditions?

Is there not a grace period in which he can return the phone?

I'm not sure. It was 2 weeks in O2. If he is lucky enough to be within the legal cooling off period he may be able to do so. I'm just wary of people telling the OP to just walk away when that may result in him being charged the full 12 months line rental.

SDooM wrote: »
    I'm not sure. It was 2 weeks in O2. If he is lucky enough to be within the legal cooling off period he may be able to do so. I'm just wary of people telling the OP to just walk away when that may result in him being charged the full 12 months line rental.

its two weeks for meteor too. the phone and all packaging has to be returned and the phone has to be in perfect condition

he did. when he joined boards, he spammed dozens of threads giving out about how meteor had treated him and saying how great 3 are. i warned him that 3 are far worse than meteor and he insisted they were great.

about two months later he got temp banned from this forum. he had started so many threads about 3's customer care (he even had a link in his sig to an anti-3 site) that the mods started to enforce the rule that such threads should go in consumer issues. he ignored the rule and got banned. then started a thread in feedback about how unfair it was :D

re: that ban from carphone warehouse, i used to work there and we had some god awful people and no one ever got banned from the store. you must be a real delight to deal with in person. dare i ask what happened?

Hmmm!!! Banned from Boards too?? Foggy you need to calm down boy you will put yourself into an early grave and all over some mobile phones!!!:D
    Are you gonna tell us why you were banned, I'm sure they were being so unfair to you:D

• Advertisement

banned for returning a phone which needed a software update two days after purchasing it and they didn't want to take it back but send it for repair. i stood my ground and was asked to use another store in future. thats the only story there i was dealing with a *****

sorry for going off topic it wasn't even a meteor phone.

banned for returning a phone which needed a software update two days after purchasing it and they didn't want to take it back but send it for repair. i stood my ground and was asked to use another store in future. thats the only story there i was dealing with a *****

sorry for going off topic it wasn't even a meteor phone.

i'm confused. Did you want the software updated? If so, they would have to send it off because they can't do that in store. If you were asking for an exchange, the other phone would have had the same software

or did you want a refund? And if all the phone needed was a software update, why did you want a refund?

If you wanted a refund, what reason did they give for not giving it? You say you'd only bought the phone two days previously so a refund shouldn't have been a problem. The only reasons i can think of for not offering you a refund would be

1. There was confusion as to whether you wanted a refund or the software updated

2. The phone was not in a resellable condition for some reason

3. The staff member was new and didn't know its ok to return phones within 28 days

4. You got very irate, accusing them of this and that and they lost all desire to help you

if none of those things happened and there's nothing you're leaving out there should have been no problem returning it two days after it was bought.

i'm thinking its a bit of 1 and a lot of 4. I never experience really bad customer service because i treat people with respect. I know they're just doing a job and if they deny me my rights, chances are they just don't know the law, and they're not trying to scam me so i calmly and cheerfully explain what i'm entitled to
    the ones who always got 'denied their rights' in any place i worked in were the ones who thought they were being scammed, usually didn't know their rights and went mental, not listening to what the staff were saying or the solutions they were offering

Foggy when you say "stood my ground".....
    There is acceptable behaviour and unacceptable and you would only get barred for unacceptable behaviour...
    You need to learn some manners and realise these people do not run the respective companies only work for them.

Foggy when you say "stood my ground".....
    There is acceptable behaviour and unacceptable and you would only get barred for unacceptable behaviour...
    You need to learn some manners and realise these people do not run the respective companies only work for them.
    ok then if not accepting a repair for a brand new phone is unacceptable i put my hands up! was dealing with a manager and he rang head office then put them on the phone to me and they all insisted i was not entitled to a replacement or refund even though the problem was evident to the manager!

by standing my ground i mean i remained calm and kept insisting i would not accept a repair for a handset two days old! the manager hated this as he knew i was within my rights to ask for refund as he had already stated all the handsets would be the same!

now enough off-topic banter unless you want to continue in consumer issues, as for meteor deposits for bill-pay - have they changed their policy as i cannot find any mention of the deposit on meteor.ie today?

Advertisement