Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista: Explorer continulously restarting

• 13-01-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi guys need some help,

knocked on my computer yesterday and after about 30mins explorer just crashed and restarted and went into a continuous loop of restarting....

at the time i was only browsing the net which leads me to think its a virus or soemthing.

What I've tried so far:

ending some processes in task-manager with the hope of narrowing the problem down but no luck

System Restore: Doh!!! had it disabled
    Full AVG virus and spyware scan nothing to be found
    Started in safe mode exactly the same thing happened explorer in restarting loop

Threw in the Vista disc and tried to repair but the only options available are sys restore and backup restore both of which i dont have enabled

Strange that I cant just click repair and it reinstalls vista from scrath like it would in repair mode in XP.

I cant reinstall a fresh copy of Vista as I dont have my product key dont know what I did with it and to be honest I dont fancy running the risk of loosing all my data.

Anyone had any similar exerience with this prob???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Is the Product Key not on a sticker on the case of the computer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Soundman wrote: »
    Is the Product Key not on a sticker on the case of the computer?

Afraid not shes custom built so got Vista on its own not with a computer.

Magical Jellybean Keyfinder

This should find your Product Key for you.

Soundman wrote: »
    Magical Jellybean Keyfinder

This should find your Product Key for you.

I believe I love you!!!

Soundman exactly the job. Didnt even think of something like that, nice one!

Don't tell my missus that though. :p

Hope it does the trick for you.

• Advertisement

quick update, i suddenly remembered today that I added COM surrogate to the DEP ignore list. (Oops) I read somewhere that thisstops the problem of comsurrogate failing evertime I go into a music or video folder. This aint the case it fecks up the explorer altogether. Cant berlieve I forgot I did it, Ha ha

Least I have my poroduct key back though thanks soundman that prog did exactly what it saqid on the tin so to speak

Sweet. Glad you got it sorted. Have that COM Surrogate stopped myself and no problems. Weird that you suffered.

Advertisement