Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting tales, possibly taboo.

Options
  • 13-01-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any. I was talking to a postgrad student before christmas and I was told about all the rumors circulating the school. Some of them are quite funny. I also heard that the friend of some guy I know scored a tutor.What I have heard is all second hand. Anybody have interesting stories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

/\ is true I believe. Heard it from the person myself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I've heard of stuff like that going on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Thread fails....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

I heard that the milkman is diddling the vicars wife !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

With the crucifix no less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Rumour has it the homeless guy who wonders around campus is the only homeless person allowed in because years back he stopped some girl being raped........ not sure if its true but if it is respect to him and ucd for recognising it and letting him stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

na that rumour's not true, he's actually a stage x student who, due to a lack of information and surity regarding his degree, had a nervous breakdown. now he wanders the campus looking for modules and tutorials that only exist in his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Professors assaulting students, students assaulting professors....I've heard it all! And I'm obviously mentioning no names!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I heard that I'm really a woman.

I did hear one once where a temporary lecturer called a female student a 'bitch' in front of the class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

griffdaddy wrote: »
    na that rumour's not true, he's actually a stage x student who, due to a lack of information and surity regarding his degree, had a nervous breakdown. now he wanders the campus looking for modules and tutorials that only exist in his mind.

win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Students dating tutors/demonstrators, lecturers seeing postgrads. Nothing new there, been there done that.

I've never heard of a lecturer and an undergrad (firsthand) as that would not go down well (there has to be some level of professionalism!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭bassman22

always heard about the underground tunnels that lead to a bomb shelter under the lake (and many other variations of the story) always meant to try and explore them but somehow haven't got around to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Sarn wrote: »
    Students dating tutors/demonstrators,

But they're so dam gorgeous...

gubbie wrote: »
    But they're so dam gorgeous...

Aaw thanks gubbie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

bassman22 wrote: »
    always heard about the underground tunnels that lead to a bomb shelter under the lake (and many other variations of the story) always meant to try and explore them but somehow haven't got around to it

Theres a thread on it from about a year ago.. Some guys went exploring them, theres photos and everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭bassman22

cool must check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Well there was the one about the really senior consultant in X Hospital which UCD works with who pushed a student against the wall. The student pressed charges and the consultant offered a full apology and asked that he drop his case for his own good. The student sued anyway (or something) and had to leave ireland to get a job since no one will touch him now.

On a similar vein, a UCD student (3 years ago, if i remember) made formal complaints against a senior consultant in X Hospital affiliated to UCD (that she was ridiculed, insulted etc, which of course is true cos he does it to everyone) and got him thrown off the exam board and in a lot of hot water. She had to get an internship in a different hospital X affiliated to a different college cos UCD wouldn't handle her. Or something to that effect.

And there's always the classic story of the girl who went into her ophthalmology oral exam. When asked what her glasses did, she replied "well, when i wear them to a nightclub i never score". The laughing consultant sent her out the door with a 2:1

Madness in Medicine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

I think I'm going to the wrong school in UCD, medicine, who would have thunk it.

I read that book by the Dr. X guy (it was on sale in Hodges Figgis) - there's lots of stuff like that where someone becomes an outcast from the bullying they get.

Kudos to the opthalamologist examiner! I bet that put him in better humor for the day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

MatthewVII wrote: »
    Well there was the one about the really senior consultant in X Hospital which UCD works with who pushed a student against the wall. The student pressed charges and the consultant offered a full apology and asked that he drop his case for his own good. The student sued anyway (or something) and had to leave ireland to get a job since no one will touch him now.

Said x consultant is actually leaving the school of medicine now. I dont now wether to cry tears of happiness or sadness. His legendary and quirky ways will definatly be missed around UCD.
    My 6'3' leinster rugby playing brother didnt have his white coat buttoned up one day and was duly pushed against the wall to shake some manners into him!
    MatthewVII wrote: »
    And there's always the classic story of the girl who went into her ophthalmology oral exam. When asked what her glasses did, she replied "well, when i wear them to a nightclub i never score". The laughing consultant sent her out the door with a 2:1

I plan to wear my munster top into my opthalmology exam.That will definaly guarantee a first from Prof ;) Great teacher though!

I also have it on good authority that Prof Cusack is in fact Niles Crane's long lost twin.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

panda100 wrote: »
    I also have it on good authority that Prof Cusack is in fact Niles Crane's long lost twin.

I have it on good authority that most of the fancy acronyms that come after Prof Cusack's name are style awards from Marie Claire for winning the "Most Impeccably Kept Hair" category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭ucd_guy

Out of curiosity, is this consultant X a guy who's recently left? Just want to know if I'm thinking of the same guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Yea I wouldn't mind knowing either...PM me when you've finished your exams Elisa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

karmabass wrote: »
    Theres a thread on it from about a year ago.. Some guys went exploring them, theres photos and everything

plz can you tell me where to find that thread. i really want to see those tunnels. write back if you can tell me more. thanks

EDIT: never mind. i found it. here it is if anyone wants it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304630

no information on where the entrance is to the tunnels, so i suppose ill have to look myself. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    Rumour has it the homeless guy who wonders around campus is the only homeless person allowed in because years back he stopped some girl being raped........ not sure if its true but if it is respect to him and ucd for recognising it and letting him stay.

My sister told me that story, and I witnessed that old dude "in action" {shuffling around and jawing with his invisible mate} as early as 1997. Don't know if there is any truth, or if the Pro-Choice brigade in the Orts FaKKKilty made it up, Eitherways, if he did, he has parlayed it into one long session of free sambos and coffee.

Prof McAuley used to take the better looking girls out at the end of the year for dinner. This is back in the 80's though. It was acceptable in the 80's.

I know a girl who went with a tutor. No big deal.

I know two lecturers who were definitely fukcing, and, for some reason, tried to keep it quiet. Law Faculty stuff. One or two of the Law Fak lecturers were definitely packing copious volumes of fudge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

anyone else here used to think that the "secret lake" was a legend? i found it last week.

I think I'm going to the wrong school in UCD, medicine, who would have thunk it.
    anyone else here used to think that the "secret lake" was a legend? i found it last week.

Is it true there is a fountain which, according to legend, has been known to soak the chosen few as they approach the campus from the main entrance??? What of these mythical winged creatures that inhabit its murky depths??? Is it true there is a forbidden plot of land barely visible in the middle, and that this is Tir na Nog??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

If it's the one near Conway I found it in my first week. Or am I missing something?

Advertisement