Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW turbo Problem???

Options
  • 13-01-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have a 03 vw Bora PD 150.
    While driving it yesterday i lost power and it was jumping at constant rev's. When i looked closer at it, the pipe from the intercooler to the intake had blowen off. Put the pipe back in place and went out to test it. Blew it off when i gave it shoe.. I then cable tied it tight, sure it would hold. Went out and again when i put the foot down it blew off the other side of the pipe. must be a problem other than loose pipe fittings....
    Any Solutions????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Post the same question on vagdrivers.net, someone on there will be able to help you.

Cable ties will not hold it on, there is a lot of pressure on the intercooler pipe work, stainless steel jubiele clips are what you need.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

VW turbos do give some trouble. It sounds to me like you have excess pressure so maybe the wastegate (dump valve) isn't working which means excess pressure won't be 'dumped'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I have a B5 passat, similar setup... I can smell your money starting to burn from here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

I had a B5 passat before and something similar happened to me. Sometimes the rubber hoses blow off from the pressure from the turbo as well as from getting old. The most noteable difference when it blows is loss of power. As another poster said jubilee clips will hold it. BTW the VAG 130bhp is known for blowing hoses.

Advertisement