Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mounted shelf - Readymade or DIY

Options
  • 13-01-2008 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

Hello, I don't usually post in this forum but thought I could get some help about getting some shelves done for the kitchen.

Now I looked around as many shops and websites as possible and have been quite disappointed by the lack of some decent shelves.

Essentially what I want is a teak or similar wood shelf with ends or one end so that I can stand cookery books on and the rest of the books and bits on making room on the kitchen worktop. I don't want separate bookends, just a shelf with normal ends. Seeing as I can't find anything in the shop I'd be prepared to build it myself.

So, where is the best place to source timber like teak board in 22mm or more (chunky and probably have to be solid timber). I plan to cut, dowel, glue and screw it myself so just sheets of the stuff - I wouldn't know where to start looking.

Any hints? - Thanks, Astro.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement