Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got myself a 16-in-1 Multitool today, for a mere €5.99!

• 13-01-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Aldi!

Very handy little fellow, it is, and I'm sure the brothers would appreciate it. It's a pliers, it's a pen-knife, it's a can opener, it's a something... God knows what else! But it's also got a very handy little multi head fixture, so I can stick on all different sized alley keys and screwdriver heads. And it all folds up neatly and fits in a carry case type thing, along with a rubber yoke for holding all the little heads.

Lets face it, tools are always cool, like toys for drunkards, and it's all the sweeter if you get it for a few euro. There was also a very hefty axe for 12.99, but I didn't buy that, because I doubt I'd use it, apart from pretending to be Ash from The Evil Dead. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sounds impressive Brother, have you got a picture of this contraption?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yes, pictures of all it's appendages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

tool pr0n ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yes Karl, show us your tool.

(Edit: ah it's a shame you didn't get it in Lidl, and I could say 'Show us yore lidl tool')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's a pliers, it's a pen-knife, it's a can opener, it's a something... God knows what else! But it's also got a very handy little multi head fixture, so I can stick on all different sized alley keys and screwdriver heads
    Work! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll throw up a piccie shortly so. ;)

multitoolrl3.jpg

Crap quality pic, but you get the idea.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Work! :eek:

No Brother Ash, you are mistaken. While undoubtedly the tool could be used for work, every Brother knows that should such a thing come into their possession it will never be used for anything so heinous. Instead it is kept so that should a little job be mentioned by the wimmins a Brother can honestly say "I have just the tool for that". This statement, however, is not a commitment to carry out said task, it merely demonstrates how manly the Brother is because he has a tool for every job. What will in fact happen to the tool is that other Brothers will be shown it when they call around and gaze admiringly on it wishing they had such a marvel, and the owner will every now and then come across the tool and smile a self-satisfied smile that he owns such a thing.

Or, as Brother trout more succinctly put it - tool pr0n ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hmmm, handy.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

a snip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Noice! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

i bought the axe and log chopper in it last week, theyre both pretty sh*t for the logs i have.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

But it's also got a very handy little multi head fixture, so I can stick on all different sized alley keys and screwdriver heads.

Damn, that is really handy. Pity their is no aldi in Sligo. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

The-Rigger wrote: »
    it's a shame you didn't get it in Lidl, and I could say 'Show us yore lidl tool')

I would have lied just to be able to say 'Say hello to my lidl frenn'. Chances like that dont come along too often :)

Dear god, I can't take this kind of punishment. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You are such a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Dear god, I can't take this kind of punishment. :(

If you have yet to name it - might I suggest . . . .

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=gRkYJaBV43I

I got one of those yokes a few years ago. It only gets used as a bottle opener.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Still though you have the option to use it for 15 other things if the need ever arises. I doubt anyone even knows what those 15 other things are but that's not the point.

I can hear the adjectives my oul lad uses when someone talks about a tool purchased in Aldi/Lidl. "Mickey mouse", "toy" and "lucky bag effort" come to mind! :D

• Advertisement

The most important use for it

It only gets used as a bottle opener.
    zaph wrote: »
    What about a tin opener for us 'can't cook, won't cook' brethren?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Open it? :eek:

Jaysus, just shove the can in the microwave and hope for the best! ;)

Joe Robot does not condone putting cans of anything in the microwave. all rights reserved. Patent pending, patent pending, patent pending.... wait who are you?

phone.jpg

pizza13.jpg

g88yeungchowfriedrice.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

zaph wrote: »

It really is, however, the ultimate joint smokers tool. Grippy bits to hold onto the small bits so you can heat them safetly, a pokey device to push in the ends for neatness and economy, usually some cutty things to help cut a nodge off for the scrounger in the group and a twisty yoke to widen out your roach. The grippy bits can also be employed to hold your spliff when 'tis nearly finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

why could it not have been on sale last month, it would have made an ideal christmas pressie for the old girl, look at all the jobs she could do with it, and not be bothering me

Advertisement