Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus 1.6 Steel

Options
  • 13-01-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

hey I have a 04 Focus Steel 1.6. I'm no car expert at all but I'm goin through a hell of a lot of petrol just wondering is there somethin wrong. A full tank (€50) lasts me 250 miles. Is that about right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It could be terrible - you haven't mentioned what kind of driving you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I had a 1.4 Focus estate which would be heavier, lower gear ratios and need to be worked harder than a lighter 1.6 model. I would be very modest on the accelerator and would get about 320-330 miles per tank before the fuel light came on. Fill ups used to cost me about €56-58 (55 litre tank with fuel light coming on with about 8.5 litres left in the tank).
    I'd say that your 250 miles mer tank is not that good. If your do alot of hard accelerating combined with alot of city driving/start stop driving that could have something to do with your lower range from a tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭earthworms

Thanks for the replies. ya i do a good bit of city driving. I'm basically going through €10 a day, which is getting a bit annoying. Any advice on how to limit my fuel consumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

earthworms wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. ya i do a good bit of city driving. I'm basically going through €10 a day, which is getting a bit annoying. Any advice on how to limit my fuel consumption?

Buy a smaller car. :cool:

I have a 02- Mondeo Zetec 1.8 petrol
    Drove 311 Miles recently frmo Cork to Dublin and back. in fairness now I did push it on the motorway from Portlaoise to Dublin and Back ( Just a bit mind :D )
    40 litres of fuel. around 32 to the gallon?
    I wasnt too pushed as I had the Aircon on most of the way home as I was a bit tired and it felt good to keep me alert; ;)
    I also had 5 in the car with a bootload of car stuff so it was anything but light.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

I drive a 1.6 Focus saloon. Getting about 345miles per fill up of 45 litres. That'd be a mix of city/N road driving, not particularly light on the right foot (and with a roof rack!). You should be getting near enough to that. You're only getting 25mpg or so...

When was your car last serviced? I'm no mechanic (maybe some of the other boardsies can help here), but changing the oil, oilfilter and airfilter might help you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement