Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyopop Events in Ireland

Options
  • 13-01-2008 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Some more information taken from the eirtaku.com forums. Didnt see a post on it here so I figured I'd do them a favour and repost it
    Hi Everyone , just to let you know TOKYOPOP are coming back to Ireland first week of Feb 08 to run more ReCons .

Plan is to start in the Hughes and Hughes Wexford Monday 4th of Feb , Waterstones Coleraine 5th of Feb (yeah I know rubbish journey planning :( ) then on to Forbidden Planet in Belfast on Wednesday 6th and we finish off at Replay Games in Bangor on Friday 8th .

All the events will be around 6-8pm check with stores for details , and will be at the store themselves apart Bangor which is in a local hall .

Same format as before presentations , quiz , art competition ,cosplay competitions if we have some entries , prize draw at the end of the evening .

Any questions get in touch with the store or with me andreww@tokyopop.com

regards

Andrew Whelan
    UK and Ireland Marketing Manager

Events also took place in Dublin, Limerick, Cork and Galway last October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Gawd, the one I went to last year in Dublin was kinda' crap. I mean, they brought along the two people behind the Shakespeare manga, and they providided a tutorial or something on "manga" art. Self Made Gobsheens more like.
    Only three people entered the Cosplay too. And the art compo was dire to boot.
    Not sure I'll waste my time this year. Rather spend it on the thing in the Chester Beatty Library instead...

Advertisement