Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question.....

Options
  • 13-01-2008 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know if there is any tattoo artist that is better doing tattoo's on elbows in Dublin or will any tattoo artist be alright for doing it?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

most should be ok with it, dont understand why they wouldnt be

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

BOHS wrote: »
    Hey,

Does anyone know if there is any tattoo artist that is better doing tattoo's on elbows in Dublin or will any tattoo artist be alright for doing it?

Cheers

I wouldn't have thought that was a very hard place to tattoo.

What you planning on getting done.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Cheers for the answers, its going to be a drawing im working on with a star and music notes

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

the elbow is a bitch of a spot, especially the funny bone area.
    and the ink can fall out.its happened mine and a friends too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah, the ink is quite likely to fall out. i've one done on my ankle bone recently, and there's a good chance that that will, like the elbow, fall out.

• Advertisement

yeah but be rad and get it done!
    your street cred will go through the roof!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

The tough skin on the end of the elbow is very hard to tattoo, It can be done by any competent tattooist, but be prepared to have to go back for several touch-ups.

I've heard a couple of tips from people who have had their elbows tattooed successfully, both in terms of aftercare and things to do beforehand - for a few weeks before you plan getting the tattoo, exfoliate and moisturise your elbow, which will both remove and soften the hard skin there. Once you get it done, you should keep it wrapped and moistened with Vaseline longer than you would with a regular tattoo, as, being as your elbow moves a lot day-to-day, the scabs would normally fall off a lot more quickly than they would on most other areas. If you keep the area moisturised, the scabs will be a lot more supple and less prone to flaking off, and, in some circumstances, may not even have to form at all.

Hope that helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I would've thought that like the palm of the hand/sole of the foot it would also be likely to fade a lot more than other locations due to friction & contact with surfaces?

i dont think theres anything you can do about it.look at anyone who has their elbow done.theyll all be a bit faded.mine is.its wear and tear.that and the fact its all bone and no meat

Advertisement