Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway city cleanist city in Ireland????

Options
  • 13-01-2008 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I heard that Galway city was voted the cleanest city in Ireland? Thats the joke of the year...Perhaps the new big money square and center is fairly clean but have you seen the state of the suburbs? I walk from center to knocknacarra via shantella/Rahoon and the dog mess and rubbish is unreal. I had friends over from Finland over Christmas and i was embarrassed when they commented on the amount of dog pooh and rubbish lying around. Its so bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

maybe us sligo folks have been fouling the place up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    maybe us sligo folks have been fouling the place up :D

I think Sligo people have been stealing our Rubbish.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My girlfriend (an American) lived in Cork before and said Galway seems to have far less dogshíte on the streets. The place seems clean enough to me too. Maybe we're just the best of a bad bunch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

That must be a wind-up...when it says cleanest I wonder does that ignore the waterways and the stinky smells of the city, notably around Lynches Castle earlier today? and overflowing bins...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The city yes is clean, as it has regular cleaning. I went for another long walk yesterday around western distributor road, clybaun road up to the cappa road and back round through the hills. Its a disgrace, Western distributor road is like a rubbish tip. Cans, bottles, bags, tv's, chairs all littered everywhere. Bothar stiofain as well is one big tip. The waste ground around where the laundry place is is just a dumping ground.The trees are all decorated with bags, paper. Ground behind hibernian insurance is another dumping ground for peoples carrier bags full of waste.

Not pointing the finger, but a lot of the waste strewn around this area is bottles and cans of foreign beer, from one particular country from eastern europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

snaps wrote: »
    The city yes is clean, as it has regular cleaning. I went for another long walk yesterday around western distributor road, clybaun road up to the cappa road and back round through the hills. Its a disgrace, Western distributor road is like a rubbish tip. Cans, bottles, bags, tv's, chairs all littered everywhere. Bothar stiofain as well is one big tip. The waste ground around where the laundry place is is just a dumping ground.The trees are all decorated with bags, paper. Ground behind hibernian insurance is another dumping ground for peoples carrier bags full of waste.

Not pointing the finger, but a lot of the waste strewn around this area is bottles and cans of foreign beer, from one particular country from eastern europe.
    Eh I think you'll find that the finger is being pointed there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Not at a particular country though!!

Advertisement