Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fm 08-assistant manager

Options
  • 13-01-2008 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

i started with liverpool, have no assistant manager,does anyone know a good assistant manager they can trust??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

big bird wrote: »
    i started with liverpool, have no assistant manager,does anyone know a good assistant manager they can trust??

I dont have the game, but id be interested in opinions if i should go and buy it, if its good or worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 big bird

the game is **** hot....go get it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This guy comes highly recommended in the game:

Torbjorn Nilsson
    Assistant Manager
    Free (Sweden) - FREE - 4K/week
    Swedish

He's a solid enough assistant manager and would be good for mid-level Premier League teams. Since you're Liverpool though you might want to go for someone more high-profile. I used this guy when I managed Newcastle and I found him quite good.

Ricardo Moniz
    Coach/Assistant Manager
    Tottenham - 45K - 10-15K/week
    Dutch
    Small

Never used him myself but he's meant to have very good stats, although I've heard his wage demands are very high so keep that in mind.

I don't think the role of assistant manager is all that important though. I mainly use mine to get opinions on players and to help me give a good team-talk at half-time.

Someone you might want to consider is the legend himself Liam Brady. He was my assistant when I was managing England and I did well with them so he does that role OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,362 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This guy comes highly recommended in the game:

Torbjorn Nilsson
    Assistant Manager
    Free (Sweden) - FREE - 4K/week
    Swedish

He's a solid enough assistant manager and would be good for mid-level Premier League teams. Since you're Liverpool though you might want to go for someone more high-profile. I used this guy when I managed Newcastle and I found him quite good.

Ricardo Moniz
    Coach/Assistant Manager
    Tottenham - 45K - 10-15K/week
    Dutch
    Small

Never used him myself but he's meant to have very good stats, although I've heard his wage demands are very high so keep that in mind.

I don't think the role of assistant manager is all that important though. I mainly use mine to get opinions on players and to help me give a good team-talk at half-time.

Someone you might want to consider is the legend himself Liam Brady. He was my assistant when I was managing England and I did well with them so he does that role OK.

I think it is HUGELY important, and I give the teamtalks myself. Remember that you lean on your assistant manager constantly for assessments of player abillity and potential / feedback on the effect of your teamtalks. They also will do other things like manage your reserve team and resign some of the youth players, etc.

So, while they don't really need to have great stats in anything other than Judging player abillity / judging player potential / tactics; it seems to me that it is vital that you hire a guy proficient in those areas.

Plus, the more tasks you leave to the assistant manager then the better his stats should be IMO.

On the most basic level, if your Assistant has stats of less than 15 on judging player abillity / player potential then the coaching reports he provides cannot be trusted. And believe me, get a coaching report from different coaches with different stats in this area and you will spot variations in their analysis.

Anyway, cheers for the two above names. Will give them a look when I next start a save with a decent team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 big bird

cheers for that... need a little help is it just me or is it hard to find a good tatic been liverpool could do wit a good one if you have any ideas or good sites to find ones.................... and maybe a player or two?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Pat Short

as soon as i started my game with Chelsea, signed Zola as a Asst Manager, gie him very little to do but has now replaced Stevie Clarke as the right hand man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Nigel Pearson of Newcastle is surprisingly good!
    My current assistant is Daniele Tognaccini and he's good... great for coaching defenders and tactics too. Decent tactical knowledge and motivation aswell...but above all....

Hans Backe. He was unreal when i had him at Man City, until Middlesborough decided he was so good, they wanted him as a manager... his stats are really good for everything apart from physio and coaching goalkeepers.

Maybe Zola's stats vary a bit, because they are absolutely rubbish in my game... one 20, one 16 and the rest are like 2's & 3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Nigel Pearson of Newcastle is surprisingly good!

Strange you'd say that, I'm managing Newcastle at the moment and I've found him to be very poor with his opinions on players and who the best 11 is.

Advertisement