Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord - value please for a 1.8 LS 2000

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Why? - it's fully kitted out, with a full service history. Maybe with a price closer to 6k, but it's not extortion!

The only thing that car will need for the rest of it's life is petrol and regular servicing; it won't break your heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Its spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

It's not fully kitted out, it's the base model. It doesn't come any more basic. Fully kitted would have leather, alloys, Honda satnav, colour coded everything, headlamp washers, front fogs etc etc

€4,500 is max I would pay for an 8 year old entry level Accord.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

The reason for my asking is I checked the value on the VRT web site

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showVRT

and this is it:

Now I realise garrage have to charge more as they have overheads.
    But ...........

MAKE: HONDA
    MODEL: ACCORD 1.8 V-TEC (From Aug. 1999)
    VERSION: LS 05DR / HATCHBACK / MANUAL / PETROL ONLY /
    MILEAGE: 78000 MILES

The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): AUGUST 2000
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €3919
    RATE OF TAX: 25.0%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €979

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

JHMEG wrote: »
    It's not fully kitted out, it's the base model. It doesn't come any more basic. Fully kitted would have leather, alloys, Honda satnav, colour coded everything, headlamp washers, front fogs etc etc

€4,500 is max I would pay for an 8 year old entry level Accord.

The LS is actually the middle of the range model, the base model was called the S which did without the sunroof and rear electric windows. Top model is the ES and only came with a 2.0 litre engine.

However you are correct in everything else you've said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Sorry, yes the S is the lowest model. I forgot that and the 2.3 Type-V (and 2.2 ATR)

SE Executive was top model, also available as a 1.8. I have seen them but they are rare.

EDIT: Technically the Type-V was the top model, but I'm pretty sure it was never sold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

JHMEG wrote: »
    Sorry, yes the S is the lowest model. I forgot that and the 2.3 Type-V (and 2.2 ATR)

SE Executive was top model, also available as a 1.8. I have seen them but they are rare.

EDIT: Technically the Type-V was the top model, but I'm pretty sure it was never sold here.

Yeah, Honda revamped the trim levels on the Accord in 2001.

Advertisement