Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blair as EU president

Options
  • 13-01-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

My blood has just run cold.

Blair kicks off campaign to become EU president

I realise that to get to the top in politics you need an ego beyond egos, but the guy went into war in Iraq with the US against the political will of the rest of Europe, into a war that wasn't supported by the vast majority of EU citizens...and he expects to become president?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

He was always described as being Presidential ever since winning the 1997 election in the UK, now as the report says he may be looking for a shot at the EU presidency. The arrogance, peace envoy, JP Morgan, will he have time. Before we know it, if he got the job, the EU would be at war. No thanks, addicted to power, just make him the next pope as that role might suit him better. I would have GW Bush as EU president before Blair.

The only faint hope that Blair will not get the job is his role in the Iraq war, Britain failing to join the Euro and other issues as the piece states, and these issues hopefully will stop this outrage. Who does Sarkozy think he is offering his pal a job? One final rant, in that the US appears to be going away from the neocon ideology, but now is the EU in fear of being hijacked by Sarkozy and Blair with a similar agenda? I hope the rest of the EU leaders see this threat before its too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    He was always described as being Presidential ever since winning the 1997 election in the UK, now as the report says he may be looking for a shot at the EU presidency. The arrogance, peace envoy, JP Morgan, will he have time. Before we know it, if he got the job, the EU would be at war. No thanks, addicted to power, just make him the next pope as that role might suit him better. I would have GW Bush as EU president before Blair.

The only faint hope that Blair will not get the job is his role in the Iraq war, Britain failing to join the Euro and other issues as the piece states, and these issues hopefully will stop this outrage. Who does Sarkozy think he is offering his pal a job? One final rant, in that the US appears to be going away from the neocon ideology, but now is the EU in fear of being hijacked by Sarkozy and Blair with a similar agenda? I hope the rest of the EU leaders see this threat before its too late.

Sarkozy's mind is elsewhere at the moment :D
    Pope Tony I would have nice ring to it and his right hand man Cardinal Campbell, just watch the respinning of the gospels according to Alastair.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Blair is a madman! But I wouldnt be one bit surprised if he got the job, the EU is a corrupt organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

In fairness the EU isn't all that bad.. you wouldn't find the US government going against their buddies in agribusiness like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7186380.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Tommy T

I like Blair. Always have. The Eu Presidency is a natural progression for him as he advances from PM... We could do alot worse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Tommy T wrote: »
    We could do alot worse...
    Mmm, indeed, Thatcher's still alive and so is our own Ahern. Feel a shiver down your back at the thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I think we could do a lot worse too. In addition one challenge for europe is the amount of euro-scepticism in the uk - this would go some way to alleviating that which is a good thing. Plus it might help to get those ****ers onto the euro asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I would not mind him becoming EU president, he's not that old yet and in what is normally unusual for a politician, he has a bit of personality.

Advertisement