Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

price check '92 106.

Options
  • 13-01-2008 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭

anyone know the prices on these ?? i have to sell mine be cause of lack of funds atm so i have to shift it.

the paints a bit wind beaten and needs a service - puncher repair also the battery is dead... runs great though ( did while it had some charge left in the battery.... also the leisence plates when missed ( nothing illigal except they might have been a practical joke gone wrong :mad: )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

presuming it has 12 months NCT, €300-ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

it dont and i know its worth more then that :rolleyes:

what do you think a 16 year old cheap french hatchback in average condition should be worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

€200 at the most...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

S.I.R wrote: »
    it dont and i know its worth more then that :rolleyes:

i think colm_mcm may be right on this, here is a 1994 one for 950 euro, yours is 2 years older, so as above, what do you think its worth??

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=726162&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20Peugeot%20106%2C%20Year%3A%201994%2E%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below%2E&CFID=4550151&CFTOKEN=34150563

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

S.I.R wrote: »
    anyone know the prices on these ?? i have to sell mine be cause of lack of funds atm so i have to shift it.

the paints a bit wind beaten and needs a service - puncher repair also the battery is dead... runs great though ( did while it had some charge left in the battery.... also the leisence plates when missed ( nothing illigal except they might have been a practical joke gone wrong :mad: )

I'll offer you €80 for it, seriously.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

To be realistic, no NCT and in poor shape, take whatever someone will offer. A breaker will want to be paid to take it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I bought a '96 106 in great condition with 65k miles, 11 months tax, NCT 'til May '09, new exhaust, battery, two new tyres and brake pads for €700 in November just gone....

Think about it man....

€20 for plates
    €100 for a service (oil, plugs, filters and an hour to do it)
    €50 for the NCT test, assuming it passes....

You're already looking at the guts of €200...

Then add tax....

Does it have any tax?
    What mileage?

I'd say if you got €300 for it you'd be doing very, very well.

I love those little cars - they're an absolute hoot to drive and handle brilliantly for what they are, but they're old and not worth much.

Sorry,

Gil

it's likely to be a 1.0 4 speed with windey windows etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

colm_mcm wrote: »
    it's likely to be a 1.0 4 speed with windey windows etc.

My first 106 was a '91 built, 92 registered 1.1 'XRI' - 5 speed with single point fuel injection. Ran like a bat out of hell. Those engines are fantastic, and the 1.1 that was supplied in the 206 was just a later version of same.

But yeah, I'd imagine SIR's is a 1l, 4 speed with winders.... ;)

Not knocking it, it's just that seems to be the spec that's survived.

My first went up in smoke following failure of a rotten/perished fuel line onto the back of the injector/throttle body!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmm thats werid , i was offerd 250 by gowans pug in mount merrion and 225 in winfeild motors ( my local garages a such :S )

imo with test alone it Should pull 600 eazy , did i mention the 500 miles max per service ??

its got 29, 7xx miles on the clokc :rolleyes:

if i wanted to make money on it id bolt in a xsi engine and pass it off as one of them but i have no cash so it has to go.

If you know what it's worth, why did you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

600? Not a hope in hell with no NCT, no reg plates and needing tyre repairs - new tyres on it would probably sell it to someone who wanted to take them off...

300 private sale. If you're lucky. Just go on CBG/Carzone and see much newer ones cheaper than your ludacrious target price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Offer still standing @ 80 yo-yo's

Seeings how -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54496522&postcount=5

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thefox84

I would say around the 300 mark too but you could try a bit more and see if you get any bites. Your not the only one with a slightly unrealistic valuation on a 106 btw:
    www.carsireland.ie/138336

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Trade with a microphone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Man if you need money, selling your car for 250/500 euro whatever is not really gonna help.
    Get an extra job a Pizza hut/Domino whatever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

has it got much petrol in the tank? if so sell that and you'll make about 50% of the cars value,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Put on the ad- great learner's cars or car for a girl- then you can sell it for €1,000:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement