Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do We Qualify as First Time Buyers?

Options
  • 13-01-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,
    One year ago we (we are married couple) bought two sites abroad. Can we still be deemed as first time buyers in Ireland? We have never purchased nor the house neither the appartment anywhere in the world.
    Appreciate your valid answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

In my opinion you are no longer first time buyers - as you have bought abroad [what you have bought does not matter]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

In my opinion you are no longer first time buyers - as you have bought abroad [what you have bought does not matter]

Thay are first time buyers as they have not purchased a residence previously. Perhaps you might be thinking that had they purchased graves abroad that those might be classed as future residences ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Thay are first time buyers as they have not purchased a residence previously. Perhaps you might be thinking that had they purchased graves abroad that those might be classed as future residences ;).

i'm guessing there's no timeshare purchase option with that??!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

A site is non-residential property and doesn't affect FTB relief.

Advertisement