Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks!!

Options
  • 13-01-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Our mocks are in february just after the mid term, the subjects i am doing are in honours are maths engineering physics and ag. science if anyone has any ideas on whats coming up please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

well..my mocks are on same time but even if i knew what was "coming up" , it wouldnt make any dif cause it depends which examination company the school is using for the mocks... so it really depends on the school like. good luck, but i'd say i need it more!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm in sixth year too, so I can't speak for everyone, but let me give you some advice: Don't give a **** about your mock results being good, bad, or whatever. Your mocks are supposed to be an indicator and NOTHING more. That is, if you fail anything, it means nothing for now, what it means is that you have to get on top of everything in time for your actual leaving cert. If you get straight As, it means you have a very good chance of doing very well in your leaving. Either way, the results, for now, don't count for ANYTHING - therefore, go in, do the best you can, and see what you can make of it. Knowing what's coming up is comletely pointless - it'll get you a meaningless A now, but it means you won't have any indicator of how you'll actually perform in June, when it really matters. Forget trying to impress parents, teachers, friends, whatever - your mock results are for YOU. No one else should give a **** how you do in them, they're not a contest - they're designed to help you figure out what you need to do between now and June.

Good luck, and do as well as you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

fella above is completely right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

My mocks are before the midterm. They start on the 29th and will run right up to the break.
    Not looking forward to it, but oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

My mocks are on the week before and the week after mid-term in February. They start on Tuesday, February 5th. Praying they go ok now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I don't understand wanting to know what's coming up on the mocks, it completely defeats the purpose of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

i dont suppose that u would like to study for a qs that came up last year and there is no chances of it comming up this year.. and you'll be there studyin it ur head off..and for what? just to have unpredictable mocks?

pff rubish.. soryy its just my opinion

predictions are there in order to guide students of to what pay more attention, i dont mean to leave out everythin completely .. well i hope u know what i meant to say :D

anyways in Maths our teacher has a thing for integration qs where u find volume of either a shpere or a cone without giving values.. make sure to study that ;)

Advertisement