Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walking distance from castleknock train station to quinn direct in blanchardstown?

Options
  • 13-01-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey guys,

im living in kildare at the min and was going to apply for a job in quinn direct in blanch. IF i get the job i will be travelling by train, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me which station would be best to get off at (maynooth line) either clonsilla, castleknock, or coolmine, and what is the walking distance like from any of these....I don't know the area at all (only blanch shopping centre) So i would be grateful for any info!

Cheers guys

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

If you got off at Clonsilla train station you could get the 39 bus to the Blanch Centre. Coolmine would be the closest station for walking, at a guess I'd say it would take 20-25 minutes. You could also get the 39 bus to the Blanch Centre if you got off at Coolmine, though the bus stop isn't as close to the station as the bus stop beside Clonsilla station.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

Thats brilliant thanks a million! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

My kids get the train to coolmine for school. it takes my lad about 10 minutes to walk to coolmine school, and he is a stroller at the best of times.

so to get to Quinn from coolmine train station for someone walking at above a snails pace... should only take 15 minutes or so.

I would say you would be better off getting the train to coolmine and then walking... rather than waiting for the bus. you would probably be quicker anyway.

ok, brilliant. a couple of mates told me it'd be a 20 min walk from castleknock....would there be any truth in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm

This journey planner will be able to sort you out and give you a map and times.

To: Blanchardstown Shopping Centre
    Distance: 1.97 km Time: 23 minutes

Map_9510216.jpg

To: Blanchardstown Shopping Centre
    Distance: 1.922 km Time: 22 minutes

Map_9509477.jpg

They are about the same tbh.

• Advertisement

brilliant! cheers for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ema09x

how long does the 39 bus from clonsilla station take to get to blanch shopping centre?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Anything up to 30 minutes in my experience!

Advertisement