Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commence ACCA without employer assistance

• 13-01-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

Ok, here's the background. I've received my degree in Accountancy and have decided to continue and complete the ACCA. I've registered and received my expected exemptions. The only problem is that my employer won't cover my costs for undertaking the ACCA, but I've got over that and allowed for a budget.

So here's where I'm stumped! I have exactly no idea where to go from here!

My 3 options are GCD(Dublin or Drogheda), DBS and BPP.

Problem is none of them reply to emails, answer voicemails and update their respective websites. I know classes commence in about 4 weeks and I'm really starting to panic.

Can anyone offer any guidance or atleast point me in a direction which might kick the ball rolling as I am completely stumbed, be it recommendations or other info!

Thanks for any help, it would be truly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DeStijl

I've been qualified for a few years but having tried all 3 colleges IMO BPP are the best. My colleague got through to them last week, during office hours, so I'd suggest you keep trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

Hi, you can relax a bit, exam results aren't out till 18th of Feb so colleges won't be back until the week after that. I went to DBS and found them really good. Try Fiona who is ACCA coordinator - 014177520 should get you through to the ACCA dept.

Between friends and work collegues I know people who have attended Griffith, BPP and DBS and DBS have by far got the best review.

Griffith don't sound the most professional and BPP don't provide books (only notes) and my workmates all had to go out and buy the books themselves.

Question based revision in dbs is great for revision if you have never done ACCA exams before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

DBS! Why aren't they paying your fees - that's a bit scabby!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Coala

I would recommend DBS. And they are still on holidays and as I know no new timetables ready yet.

Advertisement