Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a 8800GT

Options
  • 13-01-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

Looking to pick one up and would rather get one from a store then ordering online. Any one know any retailers that are selling them in and around dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I got mine off eBay. I find stores a little bit too expensive...

Maplins or even PCWorld might sell these... Not sure to be honest.

I would go the online route if I were you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Stay away from Maplins. They charge 200 for the ancient 7600GT and over 500 quid for a 2900XT! I nearly fainted at the prices...imagine someone buying them, ignorance of realistic pricing.

Pc World do stock the new 512mb GTS, though I've not seen the GT. Think the GTS was about 370. Not terrible, but you can get much better online from the likes of Dabs. (komplett are dreadful lately)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

HavoK wrote: »
    Stay away from Maplins. They charge 200 for the ancient 7600GT and over 500 quid for a 2900XT! I nearly fainted at the prices...imagine someone buying them, ignorance of realistic pricing.

Pc World do stock the new 512mb GTS, though I've not seen the GT. Think the GTS was about 370. Not terrible, but you can get much better online from the likes of Dabs. (komplett are dreadful lately)

PC World....dear god they ll charge me 800 quid for the bloody thing and just give me a empty box!

Dabs if i remember are selling them for 317 plus i think compared what it should be 270. So im scewed both ways unless Peats somehow gets them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Because Peats are well known for their low low prices... ?

How about an Irish based online retailer like elara.ie or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Stev_o wrote: »
    PC World....dear god they ll charge me 800 quid for the bloody thing and just give me a empty box!

Dabs if i remember are selling them for 317 plus i think compared what it should be 270. So im scewed both ways unless Peats somehow gets them in.

Eh...what? Dabs have 8800GTs starting from 220....don't know where you got 317...in fact they sell the superior 512mb 8800GTS for 260 in their value range...

As for PC world, well, you asked about bricks and mortars, so what do you expect? Identical prices to online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Inno3D GeForce 8800 GT Overclocked Edition - i-88gt-h5gtcdsx
    for around 247 euro + 12 pounds delivery.,...
    http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/product.php?productid=4913&cat=451&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

HavoK wrote: »
    Eh...what? Dabs have 8800GTs starting from 220....don't know where you got 317...in fact they sell the superior 512mb 8800GTS for 260 in their value range...

As for PC world, well, you asked about bricks and mortars, so what do you expect? Identical prices to online?

Oops had been look at eara or something by the sound of it ^^. Whats people experince with Dabs? Do they charge much for shipping

Advertisement