Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reported posts on hosted forums?

Options
  • 13-01-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed recently that any reported posts on hosted forums lead to a thread being created on the mod forum (e.g. link), even though as a hosted moderator I don't have any access to the mod forum.

Is there any point in this happening, or is it just universal setting that can't be changed?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well, it should send you an email as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Well, it should send you an email as well.

Yes it does, I was just wondering what value there is in starting a discussion thread on a forum that hosted mods can't access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Cat mods/Admins being able to see the reported posts too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

its more down to the fact that as a hosted mod you dont get all of the mod functions, and even as mod you dont get the full mod functions for this version of the vb software. The reasoning being that in order to create s-mods and c-mods the admins had to create a hierarchy of mod functions. On the RUI one because theres only 5 mods we have the full wallop, for example.

Its a square peg into a round hole and i'd imagine its the best job that can be done

Advertisement