Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ibiza Vs Polo

Options
  • 13-01-2008 9:07pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right well its crunch time im finally going to buy my first car this week i have narrowed it down to a 00 Polo (74k) & 01 Ibiza (50k) both are 1litre i know there pretty much the same car mechanically but which would you buy? i like the ibiza but the intergrated radio casette is a tad annoying cant upgrade to a cd player :mad:

Suggestions, Opinions Welcome
    B-man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd go with the Ibiza, just make sure the heater controls work as they are fragile and will cost in the region of €400 to put right.
    The standard headunit is CD changer compatible, or you could get an Ipod adaptor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd go with the Ibiza, just make sure the heater controls work as they are fragile and will cost in the region of €400 to put right.
    The standard headunit is CD changer compatible, or you could get an Ipod adaptor.

Ahh didnt know that thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ahh didnt know that thanks!

I have an 01 ibiza, and when I press cd function button on the headunit, it plays my mp3 player, which is connected via an adaptor I bought online. Fantastic piece of kit and perfect quality. They sent me two by mistake so if your interested PM me.

Anybody know roughly how much it would cost to get a cd changer and fitted?

*Bump* Anyone? or even where to inquire? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

Get theeself down to the local car shop, whereever that is.
    They'll be able to point you in the right direction, in terms of a head unit, or they'll have one.
    They'll also be able to do the fitting or have someone on call who does that sort of thing.
    Price, I wouldn't know, so pointless to guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I don't think you should judge what car you should buy with being able to play CD's being a big deciding factor (not meaning to sound smart about it). Small things like that can be worked around cheaply.

If they are going for near enough the same money, the newer Ibiza with less miles on would seem like the smarter choice to me, once they both check out ok etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

VW Polo, Seat Ibaza, Skoda Fabia : strip all the body panels and try to spot the difference. :) If I were you I'd buy the one with the best ( most complete ) service history.

VW Polo, Seat Ibaza, Skoda Fabia : strip all the body panels and try to spot the difference. :) If I were you I'd buy the one with the best ( most complete ) service history.

Thanks yeah i think il go for the ibiza has less than 50k on the clock full service history nct for next wo years and is from a reputable main dealer not bad for a 7 year old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

I have an 00 ibiza for the last year and a half and it runs perfectly. I think its pretty much the same as the polo, except the volkswagen badge sells for about €1,500 more :confused: One thing to look out for though...these models are notorious for dodgy clutch/cable problems. I had to do mine and it cost me so definitely check this before you buy. Good luck :)

• Advertisement

SMM wrote: »
    I have an 00 ibiza for the last year and a half and it runs perfectly. I think its pretty much the same as the polo, except the volkswagen badge sells for about €1,500 more :confused: One thing to look out for though...these models are notorious for dodgy clutch/cable problems. I had to do mine and it cost me so definitely check this before you buy. Good luck :)

i have heard about the clutches alrite will check it! also warned about the control unit for the heating radio etc! Thanks :)

Advertisement