Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com - Opened and Smudged Disc

Options
  • 13-01-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I received a Blu Ray disc off Play.com which I had ordered over a weel ago. When I opened the envelope the casing wasnt wrapped in the clear plastic and the disc was smudged with finger prints.

It cost €38 and I am disgusted that in arrived in such a condition. I wrote to them and they said I can return it but to send it registered post. I reckon they wont send out the other disc until they receive the one I am sending back. So it could take another 2 weeks before I get it which is ridiculous.

I was wondering will I be refunded for the registered post?

Cheers,

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yes, you will. You must keep the receipt. They refunded me 40euro for an item (it was the Matrix Collectors Edition with the Neo Statue. Statue was in bits when it arrived)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

chrislad wrote: »
    Yes, you will. You must keep the receipt. They refunded me 40euro for an item (it was the Matrix Collectors Edition with the Neo Statue. Statue was in bits when it arrived)
    What's the story with play, they have the worst packing?
    Got a delivery with a disc rattling around in the case with bits of plastic (broken from the case) inside also.

Play never replied to the mail & luckily the disc was OK, I just swapped the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I wont be using them again, nearly €40 for a Blu Ray and some other t0sser has watched it and smudged it, Crazy!!

I might tell them to stick their replacement and buy it elsewhere!

BTW thanks chrislad for letting me know about the registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

If you told them it never arrived, they would have sent out a new one. A couple of mine went missing in the post before and they sent out new ones - no questions asked.

Chances are the package was inspected by customs. I've never had a problem with Play.com

• Advertisement

Chances are the package was inspected by customs. I've never had a problem with Play.com

I dont think so as 2 of them arrived at the same time, both sealed in the brown padded envelopes. But when I opened one of the envelopes there was no clear plastic and smudges the other was fine!

I must have just been unlucky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Happened with my blu ray copy of 300. Box had no plastic wrapping, and disc was hopping about inside. The disc was perfect though, so didnt bother me too much.

Happened with my blu ray copy of 300.

Strange, it was a copy of 300 for me aswell!!

Mine had loads of finger prints smudged all over it, hopefully all their copies of 300 arent the same?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I;ve never had issues with Play that I could really complain about, if items have not showen up I've e-mailed them and they've sent out replacements.

Even when I accidently ordered two of the same item they were happy to accept it back and refund me for the item even though it was all my fault.

Sorry to drag this up again, but I sent this disc back to Play on the 14/01/08 registered. I have tracked it and they received it on the 16/01/08 (according to the An Post website).

I have tried to contact Play but they have said in an email that they havent received the item? Is there a contact number I could try them on?

I am also confirming with an Post that the package reached its destination!

Thanks in advance,

Branners

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Registered post sent by An Post can only track within the Republic. They (An Post) don't have any control over an item once it leaves this jurisdriction.
    Should send stuff overseas by DHL.
    Fat load of help that is to you now I know :o

red dave wrote: »
    Should send stuff overseas by DHL.

I hadnt realised that until I asked An Post to chase up the delivery.

Definitely worth knowing for the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Surely the post office should tell you that when you ask to send an item abroad by registered post?

MOH wrote: »
    Surely the post office should tell you that when you ask to send an item abroad by registered post?

You would think, but this is the Irish postal sysmtem we are talking about!

BTW Play finally repayed me for the full cost of 300, which worked out well as it means I got Black Hawks Down for €3! I also have received a HD DVD player in the meantime which came with 300! So all worked out well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

OP - I failt to see what the big deal was..you sent it back because there was a fingerprint on it? Did you test to see if it worked???

LadyE wrote: »
    OP - I failt to see what the big deal was..you sent it back because there was a fingerprint on it? Did you test to see if it worked???

Maybe I did make a big deal of it but if I buy anything I expect to receive the goods in a certain condition, as in wrapped and unused.

I might and I mean might have kept it if it was just opened without the finger prints! But to receive a product in such condition to me is a disgrace but others may have lower standards of what is acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Their contact no. is 00441534 877595. You will get some woman saying something like they can't connect you but keep trying as you will get through to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

I dont see the problem. Loads of cd stores open cds and take out cd to file away.Then only put it back when its bought.

I dont buy from cd stores, only from online stores and to me this level of service isnt acceptable. But if I did buy from cd stores and saw smudged finger prints on the disc I wouldnt be too happy!

Cheers notahappycamper for the number but thankfully I dont need it as I have received the refund!

Advertisement