Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c++ / c# interop

Options
  • 13-01-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

I use a system in work thats crap. It's massivly old and the dev guys cant tie it into the good stuff.

Does anyone know of any c++ interop libraries or whatever so that the information can be fed into a c# application ?

I just care about the info. It's some cruddy old unix system. Just lots of numbers are being fed from me to them and vice versa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Sorry - probably wasnt clear.

C++ System on Unix system. It pumps out lots of live data to its own client installed on client machines (Such as mine)

C# system which also does a lot of this stuff written in C# and just subscribes to different feeds.

I want the functionality from the c++ system in the c# system (i.e just need the data)

How can I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

That's not really much clearer to be honest. If you want the functionality of the C++ system you'll either need to do additional development on the C# system to mimic the functionality, or find a way of using either of the interop ideas suggested in links above.

For example, we've got a LOT of C and C++ libraries in work so I wrote wrappers in C# using PInvoke. There's no straightforward way of doing it, rewriting the code would take too long and calling unmanaged code is a pain in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Use BizTalk and get your feed that way! Or Host Integration server.

Can you tell me the following

Your system is written in what language and running on what OS?

Is a case of a Unix box that you SSH/Telnet into and use or is it a feed from a UNIX system to a Windows machine over TCP or similar comms???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

It's running on solaris 8 written in c++.

I'd imagine its impossible to get the data directly from the system on the unix box

Would there be a way to prepare the information for a c# application on a bunch of windows desktops

• Advertisement
Advertisement