Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyres

Options
  • 13-01-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know a good place to get cheap tyres? My A6 needs a full set of pirelli p zero's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

quattro777 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyone know a good place to get cheap tyres? My A6 needs a full set of pirelli p zero's
    Do they have to be Pirelli P Zeros?

If so, your question should really be "where can I get cheap Pirelli P Zeros"? :)

Golden Pages + telephone + 30mins = results. ;)

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Eiretyres isn't always the cheapest option after you factor in fitting, disposal, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I would have phrased it:

"Reasonably priced, quality tyres"

In Germany they have a word for "cheap" which is "billig" the literally it means cheap and nasty. Aldi and Lidl use the word all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Might be out of your way but I always use Mc Quaid Tyres in Monaghan town.
    Usually at least 30% cheaper as he's a distributor for most brands. excellent fast service. Might be worth a call on (047)84488

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Dave McCann Tyres in Blanchardstown...number is in the book...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

kbannon wrote: »
    Eiretyres isn't always the cheapest option after you factor in fitting, disposal, etc.

Agreed, nor do they always ship as quick or keep the stock that you need at the time.

Shop around, sometimes eiretyres are better, sometimes not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

No such thing as cheap tyres for that motor...maybe look at a different brand. There's good quality so called economy brands out there for this type of motor, something the likes of Federal wouldn't be bad at all. And before I get slated, I used them myself on my former car and couldn't find better for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I used to be able to get really cheap tyres, R17s for €30.00 each.

Alot of other European countries don't repair punctures, tyres must be replaced.
    The result is that if a tyre picks up a puncture shortly after being fitted it must be discarded despite being almost new.
    These slightly used tyres get shipped to the UK and Ireland for resale.

Unfortunately I no longer have a source on them but I'm sure someone must know where to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

I can second Dave McCann's. Just make sure when you get your price it includes the disposal charge, think its about €4 a tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Portarlington Tyres Ltd,Co Laois. Ph 057-8643565.........contact Eamonn Murphy or any of the staff. I'm no relation but I'm a happy customer.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

quattro777 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Incidentally, providing a rough location would help us narrow down where you hope to get these tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Butlers in Harold's Cross.

Advertisement