Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Your favourite Pink Floyd album

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Jay P wrote: »
    Pulse, its a pity Roger Waters wass missing but its still brilliant. And it has all of Dark Side.

It's fantastic on DVD.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The division bell, though without waters is it really a proper floyd album.......Live in pompeii is an excellent dvd though, its so simple and raw. And the pulse live dvd is brilliant, the hugeness of the stage, and the effects are amazing!!!!

I would also rate syd barretts stuff highly, his solo stuff is great too.R.I.P.syd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Thanks, for some reason I was calling Meddle, Echoes, God knows why
    I think Meddle's class too but I wasn't sure if it was classified as an album as there's only 6 tracks on it.

but Echoes goes on for like 23 mins(23 amazing mins i should say) ! Meddle is some cd ! i first listened to The division bell which got me in to the Floyd 13 years ago I just love the way Gilmour plays and sings to me he is the fair better singer than Waters though i do have ''Amused To Death'' and i do rate Waters, David Gilmour is 1 gifted muscian! It is so hard to take one Floyd cd and say its the best so thats why i picked Pulse because it has all the songs on it and its live !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nigel Pinchly

galwayrush wrote: »
    Wish you were here
    Animals
    Dark side of the moon
    x 2. Those are the 3 best albums.

I voted for DSOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I would not be familiar with most of Pink Floyd's albums, except "Dark Side of The Moon" and "Wish You Were Here". I know a bit of "The Wall" album, and I only know "High Hopes" from "The Division Bell" (a great tune, nonetheless).

I think "Dark Side..." is a tremendous concept album, and it is definitely my favourite, with "Wish You Were Here" being pretty good, but a poor second.

• Advertisement
Advertisement