Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Easy to change a 12v cigarette power point?

Options
  • 13-01-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The 12v cigarette power point is gone in my car (ford fiesta). The fuse is gone and something else (not sure what exactly). Not even sure when it stopped working or for what reason. Anyway, I was wondering is it an easy job to remove the whole thing and replace it with a new one? Like does it unscrew and you just detach the leads when you have it unscrewed? And then attach leads to new 12v cigarette power point and screw it back in?

Do not smoke but it would be useful to have again to give the auld mobile phone a quick charge if required (rarely but you never know).

Thanks - laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Hi

Would I have to remove anything to take out the old one and replace with new?
    Might give it ago tonight.

thanks - laoisfan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I don't know the details of how they're fitted in a Fiesta, but generally speaking, I'd expect to have to gain access to behind the socket to unscrew a locking nut or manipulate locking clips of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Have you tried replacing the fuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

sicruise wrote: »
    Have you tried replacing the fuse?

:) yes. i will see if there is some kind of locking screw/nut which will allow me to remove it (as per Rovi's reply).

thanks

Advertisement