Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno st us problem

Options
  • 13-01-2008 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Inferno st us.
    Bought this as an xmas present for myself.
    Anyways I rant it in as instructed in the manual [using 10%] and all was great.
    I brought it out today with a few other friend and all was well until I ran out of 10% fuel, I then used some of my friends 20%, the truck then started to cut out every so often for what seemed like no real reason. It wasn't running to lean as then was a constant trail of white smoke coming from it and it left a good cloud of smoke when accelerating quickly but it seemed like it was over heating.
    It also started to blow bubble back into the fuel tank, which I think was caused by fuel evaporating in the card and being forced back into the fuel tank. Is their a way to stop this?

Any help would be great as this is my first nitro model, so I'm pretty clueless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Inferno st us.
    Bought this as an xmas present for myself.
    Anyways I rant it in as instructed in the manual [using 10%] and all was great.
    I brought it out today with a few other friend and all was well until I ran out of 10% fuel, I then used some of my friends 20%, the truck then started to cut out every so often for what seemed like no real reason. It wasn't running to lean as then was a constant trail of white smoke coming from it and it left a good cloud of smoke when accelerating quickly but it seemed like it was over heating.
    It also started to blow bubble back into the fuel tank, which I think was caused by fuel evaporating in the card and being forced back into the fuel tank. Is their a way to stop this?

Any help would be great as this is my first nitro model, so I'm pretty clueless.
    You have the carb tuned to run on 10% of whatever kind of fuel your using.
    Try turing the highspeed back about 1/2 turn and see what happens if you plan on running 20% fuel from now on. Generally the higher the nitro the higher the tempeture the engine will operate at.
    How many tanks are gone through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Of the 10% about 8 tanks, 4 of those were just to run it in properly. Of the 20% about 2 tanks.

Ok ill give that a go and see how it runs.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Any more advice would be great.

4 tanks won't run in an engine. 10+ tanks is normal. I would recommend you keep running the 10% for maybe another 10 tanks until the engine is loose and then go on to 20%

Ok thanks I didn't know that from reading the manual I taught it was 4 tanks. I will run 10% for a while longer.
    Thanks plug.

Manufactors always say about 4-5 but thats not really true. Just run the 10% for a little while longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

What fuel are you using?

O Donnell ready to run 20%.
    It's ok I figured out what the problem was.

Thanks for the help guys.

Thats probly the best fuel ever:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

So,
    what was the problem?
    Should post the resolution here to help others that may encounter similar issues ;)

Advertisement