Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Provider Options (UK)

Options
  • 14-01-2008 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

So basically we're moving house in like 2 days, and we've had the same internet for nearly 3 years. We've been paying £25 for only a 1mb, and a router (which often messes up!). So when we move we're cancelling and changing to a better package.

Does anyone have an recommendations?
    Preferably no download limits and wireless option.

Remember i am from the UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

If you're a sky subscriber you can get some good deals: http://broadband.sky.com/

If not, BT's "unlimited" bundle is £18.99: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-TOTAL-BB-R1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Put your number through this checker http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

Post the results both for line quality and LLU providers in your area,

Will be able to suggest stuff then,

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Try O2, I was in UK over weekend. They had O2 BB for £7.50 a month 8m/b with no download limits. It was pretty impressive, sustained downloads of 800kb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

If you can get it, go with Be, very good service and great speeds,up to 24Mb unlimited too, I know people doing over 300Gb a month with it.

Also Virgin cable is fairly good, up to 20Mb and again I know people doing over 300Gb a month with it.

I need to make some new friends who dont spend their whole life downloading stuff from the internet!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you use the checker above it will allow yopu to see what LLU providers are in your area, You can only get Skys best offer as well as O2's/BeUnlimited if they have LLU kit in your local exchange.

Eeveryone can suggest any provider under the sun on this forum but its no good if there a LLU only provider (or best plan is only available via LLU) and there not at your exchange.

If you can't get any LLU providers then your stuck with cable (if available) or IP-stream based broadband which tends to be more expensive (more so then LLU anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Troublesome

Available in my area:

BT Wholesale ADSL
    BT Wholesale ADSL Max
    BT Wholesale SDSL
    AOL LLU
    Bulldog LLU
    TalkTalk (CPW) LLU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Troublesome

tbh, it looks like BT has a much better plan. As my Mum doesn't want a media package.

Thanks for everyones help though. Think I'm just gunna upgrade BT.

Advertisement