Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Eircom speed in Dublin 13

Options
  • 14-01-2008 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

I have home plus or whatever the eircom package is that has been around for years, it was the top end of their original broadband packages and by now it has a line speed of 3Mbps. Up until recently my Netopia always displayed speed as being in the region of 3048/384 - somewhere around the 3000kbps mark for download anyway.

Now, I haven't made any changes to my account and my bills are always paid on time - however, lately I've noticed when gaming on Xbox Live or downloading anything my web browsing speeds have hit rock bottom.

The network is perfect, the wireless is secured and all my computers are clean. When I checked the router's homepage I noticed the following:

Speed
    1600/384 (kbps)

What the hell? Has eircom downgraded my broadband package without telling me? Is this a common occurence or is there definitely something amiss here?

Advertisement