Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian/Non-vegetarian Database

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah good idea, if anybody makes this. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I have started working on a website that would probably help here. What I'm thinking is a site where you log on and post up your information (e.g. reviews, recipies, product info, etc) and that info is available to everyone else. It's slow progress though as i don't have a lot of time to do it but I'm working on getting the basic site up and running sometime in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

good work! can't wait to see it when it's done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Hi folks,

After posting the initial post on this, I've been busy with work etc and haven't had a chance to even think about it much.

However, I was wondering if Mods would know, and if not Mods, then the Admins, if it would be possible to have some sort of "Wiki-Sticky"? Basically a sticky thread that could be accessed and amended by users of this forum. Like a spreadsheet in one screen instead of loads of individual posts?

I know it's possible, but is it easily done?

Maybe Tar or Sweet or one of ye other handsome Mods could check it out the hierarchy? Could Vbulletin be amended in such a way?

It would be so brilliant if it could be done.

And if it isn't feasible, how bout we just do up two stickies, 1 for Vegetarian products and one for things you know aren't vegetarian but you think other people might think they are.

Nature Boy, good luck with your work. Hope it works out. When you have it up and running, we can help you make lists etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Normal stickies would be nice and basic. but a list of things you thought were veggie but aren't could be immense. I suppose unsuspecting things like M+Ms would go well here. I shall consult Tar on this :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I don't think a list of that kind would be too long.

M&M's, Parmesan etc were the sort of things I was thinking of.

Anyway, talk to ye soon about it.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

kraggy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

After posting the initial post on this, I've been busy with work etc and haven't had a chance to even think about it much.

However, I was wondering if Mods would know, and if not Mods, then the Admins, if it would be possible to have some sort of "Wiki-Sticky"? Basically a sticky thread that could be accessed and amended by users of this forum. Like a spreadsheet in one screen instead of loads of individual posts?

I know it's possible, but is it easily done?

Maybe Tar or Sweet or one of ye other handsome Mods could check it out the hierarchy? Could Vbulletin be amended in such a way?

It would be so brilliant if it could be done.

And if it isn't feasible, how bout we just do up two stickies, 1 for Vegetarian products and one for things you know aren't vegetarian but you think other people might think they are.

Nature Boy, good luck with your work. Hope it works out. When you have it up and running, we can help you make lists etc.
    There is a boards wiki, you can make pages on it. Would this suit you? :)
    http://wiki.boards.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DangleDevil

Know this is a bit off topic... but does anyone know if Ensure Plus Drinks are suitable for vegetarians, i've been prescribed them and as usual some sites on net say they are and some say they aren't??
    Appreciate any help.

Advertisement