Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Ripwave

Options
  • 14-01-2008 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi

can anyone tell me if Ripwave is really just a matter of plugging in and off you go? And is it available everywhere or do they have to have masts in the area?

New neighbours have moved in (Polish) and theyre trying to get online to email home etc. Im trying to help them as they cant understand everything when they phone up.

Our phonelines are still not enabled (thanks Eircom) so I myself have it from a local company in Borrisokane, Wirelessconnect.eu

http://wirelessconnect.eu/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

have to say i full recommend them. great support etc. But the €200 installation is a bit of a stumbling block for my neighbours, and its a little dearer at 35 p/month

thanks

h

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need a local mast.

Note that it is more ISDN wireless replacement than real Broadband, though ypu can get over 220kbps.

See the FAQ etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Thanks.

Their only option would appear to be the O2 mobilr broadband. Whats that like? Any links or reviews..?

thanks

h

Advertisement