Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The state of boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

jiggy as in fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

DeVore wrote: »
    I think this is reasonably interesting (and I dont want to see "get a life" and Lolcats again in reply to a post like this... thanks).

However, apart from analysis of the numbers (which happens here about once every 2 months) I'm not sure what your point is? Is there a point?

Anyway, if you ever wanted to know other numbers, I can run a variety of interesting queries on the site...

DeV.

I didn't realize these numbers were produced every two months, maybe I have seen them before but I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Mainly two reasons, This is probably the largest forum I'm an (somewhat)active member of and I was interested to see how it all breaks down. I'm sure there is at least one person who might find this remotely useful.

I applied for a certain job on a certain site and I thought it might be worthwhile to raise my profile a bit, how this will reflect in the process I'm not sure of but what harm is it to try. ;)

Would it also be possible to get a sorted list of post counts? I'd like to see the long tail of the post count
    SELECT user.posts
    FROM `user`
    ORDER BY `user`.`posts` DESC

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

miju wrote: »
    jiggy as in fat?

Let's go with either/or :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

TimTim wrote: »
    I didn't realize these numbers were produced every two months, maybe I have seen them before but I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Mainly two reasons, This is probably the largest forum I'm an (somewhat)active member of and I was interested to see how it all breaks down. I'm sure there is at least one person who might find this remotely useful.

I applied for a certain job on a certain site and I thought it might be worthwhile to raise my profile a bit, how this will reflect in the process I'm not sure of but what harm is it to try. ;)

Would it also be possible to get a sorted list of post counts? I'd like to see the long tail of the post count
    SELECT user.posts
    FROM `user`
    ORDER BY `user`.`posts` DESC

Thanks

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

That may not be their actual post count. As has been said before peoples post count have been reset before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

miju wrote: »
    jiggy as in fat?

No thats Jiggly.

• Advertisement

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

That may not be their actual post count. As has been said before peoples post count have been reset before.

There is where I got my top 46 numbers off but I'm looking for the entire list

The idea of copy and pasting over 3000 pages is not appealing in anyway :p

faceman wrote: »
    Has there ever been a boards wedding? (as in 2 people who met on boards getting hitched?)

Questions etc about the Boards.ie website -> Feedback Forum

Questions etc about the Boards.ie community -> Boards.ie Forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Backseat modding!!! ^

I prefere to think of it as Backseat Admin'ing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

wow... thats a good one... I dunno. I will try to find out.

DeV.
    Thanks DeV.

I just have this insatiable appetite for figures. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Can we add up all the 'yore ma' posts? That could be a valuable statistic to take to potential advertisers.

'yore ma' is counting them up one by one as we speak. Give her a chance.

(+1)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

faceman wrote: »
    Has there ever been a boards wedding? (as in 2 people who met on boards getting hitched?)
    We've had several Boards weddings... and we have a few Boards babies in fact.

Frankly I find that terrifying for unclear reasons...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

6th wrote: »
    Questions etc about the Boards.ie website -> Feedback Forum

Questions etc about the Boards.ie community -> Boards.ie Forum?
    Actually 6th, thats been on my mind for some time now. I have always felt there was a kind of "Boardserati"... ie: people who were interested and engaged with the way Boards is run. I'm giving serious thought to creating a forum for that sort of "musing"...

DeV.

Actually 6th, thats been on my mind for some time now. I have always felt there was a kind of "Boardserati"... ie: people who were interested and engaged with the way Boards is run. I'm giving serious thought to creating a forum for that sort of "musing"...

DeV.

+1 to that.

I'd love to get into a discussion about how boards.ie infrastructure works.

I know now that you use NFS to share a directory between all the web nodes so you can keep everything in sync with ease.

DeV.

There is no doubt at all that this place is made up of a lot more than just forums, threads and posts. I believe the success of Boards is down, in no small way, to the "life" this place has.

All you need to do is look at the genuine reaction when we lose a fellow Boardsie. I have no idea why it is that we can care about people we may never have met but we do and its almost unreal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Maybe call the new forum Boards Culture.

Advertisement