Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best car insurance companies? (Ive no no claims)

Options
  • 14-01-2008 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Any one find their insurance company just marvelous?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What?
    Do you work for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Quinn just quoted me on a VTR 1.6 Saxo, so they are in my good books at the moment. I also have no NCB, and on a Provisional (Waiting to take test in next 2 months .. ) Anyway, I don't see where this thread is really going :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I was quoted by Axa recently for 475 for full comprehensive. Quinn where the worst as usual - 738. I have always found Quinn to be the worst for car insurance whenever I am getting quotes, so I can never understand the generally good impression I get on this forum for Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tesco FTW. With them 2.5 years now, no trouble.
    I was quoted by Axa recently for 475 for full comprehensive. Quinn where the worst as usual - 738. I have always found Quinn to be the worst for car insurance whenever I am getting quotes, so I can never understand the generally good impression I get on this forum for Quinn.
    Quinn tend to quote more reasonably for under 25's, when others either won't quote or ask for stupid premiums like €5k or excesses of €2k. After 25, they seriously lose their competitiveness though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

seamus wrote: »
    Tesco FTW. With them 2.5 years now, no trouble.

Quinn tend to quote more reasonably for under 25's, when others either won't quote or ask for stupid premiums like €5k or excesses of €2k. After 25, they seriously lose their competitiveness though.

Then theres the matter of them actually paying out :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

No, I hate insurance companies really, but have to find the best one none the less.

I hear Quinn are not the quickest at paying out.

Will start to phone around now.
    kbannon wrote: »
    What?
    Do you work for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

dogmatix wrote: »

Thats because you're OLD :p

Quinn are the only insurer worth even bothering with if you're young and effectively just need third party to not be breaking the law. My first quote from Quinn was ~1200 less than Axa or Hibernian and 1700 less than FDB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I've been with FBD for donkeys yonks now......
    always have a shop around each year........but they never get beaten on price and the level of cover is maybe the best in ireland.

for instance,I have one vehicle with full no-claim protection cover ,towing cover,open driving,glass cover - the lot - all for €525. Try em out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

worded wrote: »
    No, I hate insurance companies really, but have to find the best one none the less.

I hear Quinn are not the quickest at paying out.

Will start to phone around now.

No, its the other way around, their too bloody quick to pay out. They'll pay the person claiming off you and load your policy to high heaven knowing you can't go to anyone else after a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

craichoe wrote: »
    No, its the other way around, their too bloody quick to pay out. They'll pay the person claiming off you and load your policy to high heaven knowing you can't go to anyone else after a claim.

I think he means paying you, e.g. in fire/theft/first party claims on fully comp. that takes forever

They also have a habit of never working out liability in crashes between two Quinn drivers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

MYOB wrote: »
    Thats because you're OLD :p

Quinn are the only insurer worth even bothering with if you're young and effectively just need third party to not be breaking the law. My first quote from Quinn was ~1200 less than Axa or Hibernian and 1700 less than FDB!

I'm busted! Aye - I wont be seeing the good side of 30 anytime soon.

Sounds like Quinn should be avoided so - i'll give FBD a lookin I think.

Advertisement