Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Actuary Question

• 13-01-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anthing about the course in UCC? You do a regualr Maths science course for first year and then branch off to Actuarial Studies, but has anybody heard any positives/negatives about it? UCC would be much handier for me than anywhere in Dublin.

By the who, this is the only career path i'm currently thinking of so help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Moved from UCD, since, y'know, it made more sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 guapa

Jay P wrote: »
    Does anyone know anthing about the course in UCC? You do a regualr Maths science course for first year and then branch off to Actuarial Studies, but has anybody heard any positives/negatives about it? UCC would be much handier for me than anywhere in Dublin.

By the who, this is the only career path i'm currently thinking of so help is very much appreciated.

o i wana do tat course as well. .i worked with actuaries durin the summer nd 2 of them were just out of the UCC course nd they loved it!! the points are lower than dublin. . bu u will hav 2 go 2 dublin lik if u want 2 do a masters r nythin lik tat!!:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Amzn hw ppl cn b intllgnt enuf 2 b tinkin bt b'in actuaries bt cnt spll @ all!

Youngsters these days

How did you get on with the English paper lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 guapa

o it wuz otay!! i learnt Mahon nd he came up thank god!!nd i nly learnt theme nd issue nd tat came up aswell so i was very lucky!!:)

o im appalling at english tats why i love maths u dont hav 2 write anythin xcept 4 numbers!!:)

Advertisement