Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just some more Stewart Lee brilliance

• 14-01-2008 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Just thought i'd post some more of his stuff for those unfamiliar with him.

Here he is at his mischievous best taunting a Scottish crowd with "made up" gay slurs about their hero William Wallace.. all the while praising the Scots' enlightened attitude to homosexuality of course. :)

It's this kind of complexity that i love about him.. His goading of the audience into probably feeling an uneasy, uncertain mixture of feelings:
    Enlightened tolerance of homosexuality (the ideal) vs National pride and the difficulty with accepting homosexuality as an integral part of it (the reality).

The way he ridiculously concocts the "facts" for the purpose of his point is great as well.
    I love it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

good stuff

Roll on the roisin gig..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭hotspur

Check out the other clips from that show on youtube, brilliant stuff. And you will learn the reason why Gary Lineker really advertises crisps.

Advertisement