Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarke-Tech HD 5000 Combo

• 14-01-2008 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

I have ordered this receiver. Does anyone know much about the model. I believe it is almost identical internally to the Technomate 6900. Are there any good sites for downloading images/tools?
    I have a Dreambox 7020 at the moment and I was going to wait for the new HD model but couldn't resist trying the Clarke Tech for the price.
    Can the Dreambox softcams work on other Linux STBs?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

Very doubtful that a receiver like that will get the support a dreambox does

the abcom (relook) 9000 seems like the nearest thing the dreambox HD. The abcom 9000 is meant to be out this month but keeps being delayed like the dreambox HD. Sure just sell that receiver when proper Linux receivers come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Hopefully the softcams will work on any Linux STB that is most important. I also use Flash-wizard pro for installing images onto USB which keeps the hard disk quiet.
    I could manage without most of the other tools and utilities. Clarke-tech is approx €350 cheaper than the new dreambox. Maybe when the hype dies down the price will drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Are you sure that clark-tech is a linux receiver? doesnt mentioned anything about linux on any german webshops i see it on. The technomate 6900 isnt (only the technomate 9100 is linux based).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

kaisersose77 you are correct it appears to be non Linux. Nevermind it will provide DVB-S2 and DVB-T with a recording facility while waiting for the receiver that really can do everything.
    I'll have to get hold of a suitable CAM for my Sky card rather than use a softcam.

Advertisement