Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you feel about....

• 14-01-2008 9:05am

Abortion.

I'm just interested to find the most common veggie perspective.

How do you feel about abortion. 15 votes

I think it is the individuals choice, I am pro in all circumstances.
    0% 0 votes
    I'm pro in a wide range of exceptional circumstances.
    66% 10 votes
    I'm only pro when the mothers life is at risk.
    13% 2 votes
    I think abortion is a barbaric practice and is always wrong.
    13% 2 votes
    I think there are circumstances where it is immoral not to have an abortion.
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I went for option two, but really i'm only pro in a short range of exceptional circumstances.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I suppose I'll allow this thread to exist here, at least for the immediate future, keep it civil.
    I would only think abortion is ok if the mother will most likely die from having the baby, so almost always, I think people should not do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

I'm not sure if this was Moonbaby's intention, but I've always thought that there was a subtle link between the questions of abortion, and ethical vegetarianism.

They are both topics that question what it means to say something is alive, and how we views things differently depending on our own definitions of the value of a life.

Not sure what any of that means though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I clicked option 5.

But I was gonna click 2 at first. I found them similar. For example, if the baby is deformed or there is medical evidence that predicts a life of suffering then I think that that is an exceptional cirucumstance (2) but also, it would be immoral not to abort. But this all depends on the stage of the pregnancy. It's a moral dilemma of an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Glad I'm not alone as a 1er!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 angelicious

I feel it's down to personal choice. I myself never had, nor do I think I would have an abortion but I would like the option to be available, if I felt my circumstances warranted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 adamao

I'm pro, if the timing isn't good for you, why wreck yours and potentially the baby's life?

But yeah, this question should be allowed to live in this forum, it's all ethics in my book =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

kraggy wrote: »
    I clicked option 5.

But I was gonna click 2 at first. I found them similar. For example, if the baby is deformed or there is medical evidence that predicts a life of suffering then I think that that is an exceptional cirucumstance (2) but also, it would be immoral not to abort. But this all depends on the stage of the pregnancy. It's a moral dilemma of an issue.

I am with you on this one. I have seen sick babies cause a lot of suffering for their families as well as themselvs and only having a short painfull life.
    Other than that I am totally against it and I do not think that the mothers circumstances should have any thing to do with it.
    If the timing is wrong (as someone said) then they should have tried contraception instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I'm not so sure we should have this thread here at all...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It seems to have run it's course, if you want to discuss it anymore post in Humanities.

--
    Tar

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement