Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving licence renewal

Options
  • 14-01-2008 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

My driving licence is out of date next month. Do I have to do a theory test or just appy fore new licence and it will arrive in the post.

Also, does anyone know what I can apply for without having to do a test.

Car
    Car with trailer less than 750kg (anything more now requires another test)
    Work vehicle

Anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

If it is a full license then just renew it - no need for any tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moped, assuming you've not got a medically endorsed licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Anything on your license will be kept, you'll still be able to drive everything you do now.

If you have the Moped category on your license you keep that.

Its only newly issued licenses that do not have the moped category.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭budweiserfrogie

If you currently have trailer or truck on your license you will loose these if you don't submit a medical with your renewal application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

If you currently have trailer or truck on your license you will loose these if you don't submit a medical with your renewal application.

Hasn't that been the case for the past couple of years

• Advertisement
Advertisement