Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Day Countdown

Options
  • 14-01-2008 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Right guys, this is the third and final time Im going to start a thread on getting into shape. Its not about 186 days until my wedding and I want to be in the best shape of my life for the honeymoon. Had my fitness test last Thursday and the stats are:
    Height - 5ft 7
    Weight - 69 kg
    BF - 21%
    Fitness - According to the instructor Im actually fit!!!

So the goals are simple - drop bodyfat and put on some lean muscle if I can. So for the next month Im going to be doing cardio to get my body used to training again. Then in mid February im going to start a 3 day split -
    Day 1 - Chest \ Tri's
    Day 2 - Legs \ Bi's
    Day 3 - Shoulders \ Back
    Ill work in abs throughout these days as well. Ive bought my protein from Jon and also some Animal Pak for the days that I really need a boost. Diet also is as follows :
    7.15am - Breakfast - Weetabix, Actimel, Banana
    10.30am - Scone and Coffee
    12.30pm - Brown bread with light mayo either with tuna or chicken fillet and salad.
    5.30pm - Dinner - Usual here. Meat and veg, fish, or pasta
    8.00pm - Snack of some sort.

Not the best diet but Im hoping not the worst either ;)
    Training Routine should look something like this:
    Monday - Karate - 90 minutes
    Tuesday - Soccer (Astro) - 2 hours apporx
    Wednesday - Gym
    Thursday - Off
    Friday - Gym
    Sat - Gym
    Sunday - Gym

So thats it folks. I hope to be back in Full training this week so for the last time, any help or advice on any aspect of the above you can offer, Id be more than happy to take it onboard.

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Monday 14th January 2008

Karate - 90 minutes

First class back in 3 months. I think Im dead. Legs and arms are numb but I feel good. Its like a 1 on 1 class so theres just about a minute break between each routine. Excellent though. Feels great to be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

From looking at that diet, you're going to need a much higher intake of protein to gain lean muscle...

HavoK wrote: »
    From looking at that diet, you're going to need a much higher intake of protein to gain lean muscle...

Hi there HavoK. What would you recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm not really the guy to recommend the diet/supplements - but just looking at is casually, even if you are talking supplements, you should be getting in more protein from your meals themselves...I would do something like this: (again, excludes whatever protein supplements your taking)

7.15am - Breakfast - Weetabix, Actimel, Banana, glass of milk, wholemeal bread
    10.30am - Scone and Coffee (some milk and/or nuts here would be good)
    12.30pm - Brown bread with light mayo either with tuna or chicken fillet and salad.
    3:30: Chicken/tuna sandwhich
    6.30pm - Dinner - Usual here. Meat and veg, fish, or pasta
    8.00pm - Snack of some sort. (milk/nuts/peanut butter/whatever here, assuming you'd be up till 11-12 and maybe taking a protein shake before bed, main dinner at 6:30 would have been 5-6 hours ago so the snack should be protein based)

that's just me personally - others could recommend a better diet - but you get the idea. Plenty of time left before the wedding - congratulations by the way, and good luck. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Buy a load of these every weekend or two at the supermarket. Bring them to work to snack on every hour or two:

Protein
    • Almonds (lots of protein & good fats)
    • Cashew Nuts (lots of protein & good fats)
    • Eggs (get a big box of at least 12. Each egg has about 7.5g of protein)
    • Tuna (as many tins as you can carry - 35g protein per 130g can drained)
    • Chicken breasts (again.. as many as you can carry. Have them two at a time. Tonnes of protein)

Fruit
    • Grapes (taste great with almonds!)
    • Bananas
    • Apples
    • Oranges

Veg
    • Carotts
    • Peppers

.. and a water bottle is essential when snacking on nuts as they tend to dry your mouth. Drink only skimmed milk.

• Advertisement

HavoK wrote: »
    I'm not really the guy to recommend the diet/supplements - but just looking at is casually, even if you are talking supplements, you should be getting in more protein from your meals themselves...I would do something like this: (again, excludes whatever protein supplements your taking)

7.15am - Breakfast - Weetabix, Actimel, Banana, glass of milk, wholemeal bread
    10.30am - Scone and Coffee (some milk and/or nuts here would be good)
    3:30: Chicken/tuna sandwhich
    6.30pm - Dinner - Usual here. Meat and veg, fish, or pasta
    8.00pm - Snack of some sort. (milk/nuts/peanut butter/whatever here, assuming you'd be up till 11-12 and maybe taking a protein shake before bed, main dinner at 6:30 would have been 5-6 hours ago so the snack should be protein based)

that's just me personally - others could recommend a better diet - but you get the idea. Plenty of time left before the wedding - congratulations by the way, and good luck. :)

Excellent HavoK. Cheers for that. Ill definitely try to get more proteins in as I feel Im lacking in that department.

BossArky wrote: »
    Buy a load of these every weekend or two at the supermarket. Bring them to work to snack on every hour or two:

Protein
    • Almonds (lots of protein & good fats)
    • Cashew Nuts (lots of protein & good fats)
    • Eggs (get a big box of at least 12. Each egg has about 7.5g of protein)
    • Tuna (as many tins as you can carry - 35g protein per 130g can drained)
    • Chicken breasts (again.. as many as you can carry. Have them two at a time. Tonnes of protein)

Fruit
    • Grapes (taste great with almonds!)
    • Bananas
    • Apples
    • Oranges

Veg
    • Carotts
    • Peppers

.. and a water bottle is essential when snacking on nuts as they tend to dry your mouth. Drink only skimmed milk.

Theres a cool shop in the Eyre Square center in Galway that does all of those nuts in large bags so Ill be making a trip in there on Saturday. Ive started to eat more fruit as well so hopefully will be able to structure the snacks a bit better. Also am drinking about 2 litres of water per day, more when Im training.

My main goal is to drop some BF and then put on some muscle. Would increasing what I eat cause me to put on more fat or will eating more often, and the right foods, help in the old BF reduction?

Tuesday 15th

Astro Soccer - 60 minutes
    Complete crap! Teams were too one sided so I ended up staying in defence for most of the game. Went for a run for the last 15 minutes and got a couple of shots on goal. At least it was a run!
    Gym this evening for cardio and stretching (my muscles have seized up!!!). Treadmill, rower and cross trainer!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, friggin headcold! Stuffed up and weak as water so no gym for me today. Gona try and sweat it out this evening and hopefully hit the gym tomorrow afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, friggin headcold! Stuffed up and weak as water so no gym for me today. Gona try and sweat it out this evening and hopefully hit the gym tomorrow afternoon.

Better off waiting til you're practically 100% better man - sweating it out is a myth, you can't 'sweat out' a cold I'm afraid - doesn't work like that! I had a bad cold (coughing all the time, nose streaming) around New Years and put off training for around 10 days to make sure I was better - no point working out when your body needs the energy to fully recover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

What date is the wedding by the way?

BossArky wrote: »
    What date is the wedding by the way?

Wedding date is 18th July.

celestial wrote: »
    Better off waiting til you're practically 100% better man - sweating it out is a myth, you can't 'sweat out' a cold I'm afraid - doesn't work like that! I had a bad cold (coughing all the time, nose streaming) around New Years and put off training for around 10 days to make sure I was better - no point working out when your body needs the energy to fully recover.

I know youre right but it's a pain in the backside! I was really feeling great after training this week. Felt the fitness was really improving, even after a few days. And now it's back to square one because of this bloody cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

yeah i hear ya man, i was the same the week before last, well pissed off that I couldn't train! Lie low til it clears and then hit it hard again, will only be a few days or so.

Wedding date is 18th July.

Just checking it wasn't the same as mine! ;)

Monday 21st
    Karate - 90 minutes. Great class. Alot of kicking using the kick shield with 1 min breaks in between. Legs were like jelly afterwards.

Soccer tonight for an hour.

Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd - Cardio. 60 minutes each day using rower, treadmill and cross trainer.

Nothing over the weekend.

Tuesday 29th - Soccer. Good hour with alot of running and sprinting. Really felt it when I got home.

Wednesday 30th - Karate - 90 minutes. First 30 were intense warm ups 1 on 1. Then 60 minutes with a lunatic trainer who really pushed me. Lots of pad work, take downs and some take down defence. Was shattered last night, wrecked today!!!

Nothing tonight, but Cardio tomorrow and weights for the weekend.

Advertisement