Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

fly leaf and deathstar

• 14-01-2008 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

what do you think of the 2 bands mentioned. saw them last night at the korn gig fist time i saw them b4. deathstar are a bit like manson {didnt think he was that good supporting maiden along with turbonegro} must say i enjoyed the fly leaf set.. never heard of them until last night. thatught they were great and had the venue going till the korn came on and put on some show.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭doctor_gonzo

I thought that Deathstars were quite good - before last night I only knew that song 'cyanide'. Yer woman from Flyleaf was really whiny so I didn't enjoy them so much. Korn were amazing though...unsurprisingly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I have a Deathstar album, got it a long time ago. They'd be better with a decent singer to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 truth_enigma

The Deathstars are a great industrial metal band. Can't wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What Venue were korn playing at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 KillerBaboon

Thought it was an appalling gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Fun Fact - The guitarist in Deathsatars is the brother of Jon Nödtveidt (Dissection)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

What Venue were korn playing at?

Some place at the top of O'Connell Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lol the ambassador. I really had extreamly low expectiations for Deathstar cause I had watched a few Youtube videos of them before the Gig. They were better then I thought they would be , but I still did not really like them. They have more industrial leanings really, they are slightly like Rammstein .

I had heard of Flyleaf ages ago, didn't bother to check them out for ages as I didn't think I would like them. Then coming up to the gig i checked out a few songs on Youtube. I quite liked their Acoustic Vids , but not really their usual stuff. However they did put on a good show, I still prefer their acoustic stuff though. It was funny as hell when their Bassist jumped down and went right up to the barrier. When he came back up his T-SHirt was hanging from his neck torn pretty much off of his body. The thing was though nearly all of teh fans up at the barrier were guys .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Kinda half like deathstars, wouldnt fork out money to see em live but id listen to em. Think flyleaf are mleh, just another forgettable band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Flyleaf were decent enough IMO. They did a good job of warming up the crowd. Wouldn't pay money to see them or anything, but they wern't bad....

Deathstar were utterly utterly ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Thought it was an appalling gig.

BOOOO!!! *hiss* It was class. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

never before seen them till that night. id agree with some of the views deathstar do need a new singer. as for flyleaf was funny to see the t shirt ripped from your man. was up on the balcony 2nd row deadly view of the gig. korn were amazing live. havent seen them since the rds show indoors. cant remember they year though. long time ago was waiting to see them at download 06 and davies was ill but they still palyed the gig in england.

Advertisement