Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Fuel Boilers

Options
  • 14-01-2008 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to know where I could buy a dual fuel boiler, as in an oil burner with the option to switch to solid fuel if desired.

If it goes against rules of the board to post places for purchase then a make/model of such a boiler would be great and I could source it myself.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Gardening/DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

HotRodDub wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking to know where I could buy a dual fuel boiler, as in an oil burner with the option to switch to solid fuel if desired.

If it goes against rules of the board to post places for purchase then a make/model of such a boiler would be great and I could source it myself.

Thanks

They were popular in the 80s, but because the oil side of things would not be very efficient, I don't think that there are many around now.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I have a baxi multiheat that can burn corn wheat barley beans wood chips or wood pellets have used all of above
    I keeped the old oil boiler where it was and use it in late spring early fall to knock chill out of house aprox 1 hour use in evening or morning
    also have solid fuel stove with backboiler for turf logs etc
    just add to your system in use

Advertisement